1. 1. who gonna seal the deal?

• noah herron with the bed post
    • jason the HEAD hunter
    • r-kal truluck
    • duct tape havner
    • the 7th rounder we got for jj jansen
    • colt lyerla

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think just about all GB fans want more talent at the WR spot.  Since the Adams pick in 2014, GB has not really invested in the position.

2015-- Montgomery 3rd round

2016-- Davis 5th

2017-- Yancey 5th, Dupree 7th

2018-- Moore 4th, MVS 5th, EQ 6th

Going back further, Cobb in the 2nd is from 2011.  Hard to have a top tier unit when you are routinely hoping for a day 3 pick to blossom.  Plugging other holes on the roster will lead to a shortage at some positions.

The problem is, fans don't know how to build a football team. If left to the fans, RB's and WR's would be drafted 1-7 and the Packers would hold tryouts in a Walmart parking lot for OL and DL. It's the xbox syndrome. It's a disease and I hope that there will be a 12 Step Program available soon

• Like 2

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I have an opinion. Your use of the word agenda is just a way for you to attempt to invalidate that opinion without doing any work. 

I don't have to attempt to invalidate it. You expect perfection. You expect a 36 year old QB to be what he was when he was 26. I'm not the one living in a dreamland. 

No matter what you want to say, you have a ******* agenda. I'm not the only one that's said it.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't have to attempt to invalidate it. You expect perfection. You expect a 36 year old QB to be what he was when he was 26. I'm not the one living in a dreamland. 

No matter what you want to say, you have a ******* agenda. I'm not the only one that's said it.

He is being paid a pretty hefty salary.  To those who are given much, much is expected.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Found it. We're shifting the goal posts. Got to lower the standard for him. 

How do you with a straight face post both about how he's declining due to age, and get offended at the audacity to suggest that he's an average QB?

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

How many times do you watch a guy screw up the same thing before you get irritated?

And when he hits that shot, you still ***** about the throw because it wasn't perfect. You did it in the Bears game because he didn't lead him enough. It is what it is at this point. It's probably better for you to realize he doesn't have the deep ball ability he's had in the past. The sooner you do, the less you'll be irritated by it. Father time is undefeated.

Even Brady and Brees blow on deep balls now.

Found it. We're shifting the goal posts. Got to lower the standard for him. 

How do you with a straight face post both about how he's declining due to age, and get offended at the audacity to suggest that he's an average QB?

Dude, what ******* goal posts? I'm speaking in reality. He's aging. **** happens. You expect him to be the exact same player and play at a ridiculous MVP level that he was doing and carrying this franchise on his back for a decade. 

Whatever, when he's gone, we'll see what real actual bad/average QB play looks like. We're destined for it because of this spoiled ******* fan base.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

And when he hits that shot, you still ***** about the throw because it wasn't perfect. You did it in the Bears game because he didn't lead him enough. It is what it is at this point. It's probably better for you to realize he doesn't have the deep ball ability he's had in the past. The sooner you do, the less you'll be irritated by it. Father time is undefeated.

Even Brady and Brees blow on deep balls now.

Brees completed 46% of his deep balls in 2018. Rodgers completed 34%

Brees completed 46% of his deep balls in 2018. Rodgers completed 34%

Cool? How often were those balls perfectly placed and housed like you expect every time Rodgers throws to MVS? Cuz that's the ******* point. I don't care if Brees was able to lay it up to Thomas or Ginn and complete it. I want the context. Cuz, LIS, you bitched when Rodgers connected with MVS vs the Bears. It wasn't good enough for you. But sure, no agenda.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Dude, what ******* goal posts? I'm speaking in reality. He's aging. **** happens. You expect him to be the exact same player and play at a ridiculous MVP level that he was doing and carrying this franchise on his back for a decade. 

Whatever, when he's gone, we'll see what real actual bad/average QB play looks like. We're destined for it because of this spoiled ******* fan base.

We've seen what average QB play looks like. It's going to be very strange watching a younger guy fail to make reads and overthrow half of the difficult passes he's asked to make, but it's not going to look that different than what we're seeing now. 

How can you correctly state that he's aging and that he isn't as good as he used to be, yet so adamantly reject the idea that he might be an average QB?

Rodgers is better than an average QB.  He's still top 5 IMO.  Let's face it our WR group is not what it once was.  Look what happened to Mahommes tonight once he was without his top 2 WR's.  Can't say the lack of talent at the WR position hasn't impacted passing production.  He probably hasn't had a group this weak in his career.  Hopefully MVS will continue to develop.  He's still very very young.  Real shame Moore didn't work out and ESB got injured.  Rodgers needs more weapons.  The offense has been neglected for years and it shows.  We did invest a #2 in Jenkins and it's already paying dividends.  Maybe Gute can find a Vet before the trade deadline to fortify the group.  If not let's just hope the WR group improves from within.