1. 1. who gonna seal the deal?

• noah herron with the bed post
    • jason the HEAD hunter
    • r-kal truluck
    • duct tape havner
    • the 7th rounder we got for jj jansen
    • colt lyerla

55 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

The difference is that Dak Prescott isn't Trubisky - he definitely CAN beat you. Especially throwing to Amari Cooper (though their 2nd option is a bit dicey....but they are getting great production out of their TE platoon). 

He's beaten a bunch of really bad defenses! He's not proven a thing IMO. Last week against a pretty good defense he was shut down. If Alexander can take Cooper out, which I think he can, we just need to slow Zeke down, big ask, to keep this offense grounded. 

Just now, Sasquatch said:

I have a feeling AR might hold the ball too long, not like (or trust) anything he sees, and run and slide a lot today.  He might be our leading rusher.

Unless Jones breaks off a big run or two, he will be our leading rusher. McCarthy would just be putting the ball up non stop in a game like this. I think LaFleur will continue to try and run and sometimes, it might be to the detriment of the offense. 

The most intriguing part of this game to me is how our WR's play. They need to make plays today, no excuses. I'd like to start with a deep shot to MVS. 

21 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I have a feeling AR might hold the ball too long, not like (or trust) anything he sees, and run and slide a lot today.  He might be our leading rusher.

This is my biggest concern. A lot of 7 play 25 yard drives that end in punts. You have to be willing to throw between these linebackers.

Edited by AlexGreen#20

I will say the "Rodgers-Adams" dynamic was looking remarkably similar to the "Favre-Sharpe" dynamic from 1992-94. To those who don't remember, Favre leaned on Sharpe to such an extent that a #2 WR might as well have not existed. Then Sharpe suffered a neck injury and was gone, and Favre was forced to be more diverse in his targets in '95 and onwards.

Trouble is that Adams isn't lost forever, so Rodgers might just weather the storm rather than forcibly adjust himself. This might be a sacrificed game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

I will say the "Rodgers-Adams" dynamic was looking remarkably similar to the "Favre-Sharpe" dynamic from 1992-94. To those who don't remember, Favre leaned on Sharpe to such an extent that a #2 WR might as well have not existed. Then Sharpe suffered a neck injury and was gone, and Favre was forced to be more diverse in his targets in '95 and onwards.

Trouble is that Adams isn't lost forever, so Rodgers might just weather the storm rather than forcibly adjust himself. This might be a sacrificed game.

This is an incredibly bad take! Not sure how you intended it but no, it's not bad news that "Adams isn't lost for ever!" 

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

This is an incredibly bad take! Not sure how you intended it but no, it's not bad news that "Adams isn't lost for ever!" 

Point taken. Wooof.

True enough that it's good Adams will be back, but the briefness of his injury probably doesn't help Rodgers get out of his "tunnel vision" rut that he's been in for a while. The last few games, it seems that defenses tightened up on Adams after initial damage was dealt and the offense stagnated. Well, except for the Philly game which was perhaps a good harbinger of things to come, but that was against a badly injured secondary.

But then, I'm a self-admitted neurotic cynic. It's not "Glass Half-Empty" but "who [BLEEP]ed in my glass!?"