Sign in to follow this  
saintsfan

Newly Acquired LS Jon Dorenbos Needs Heart Surgery

Holy crap! These things kill people on a regular basis. About 6 seconds to bleed out from one of these.

Very unfortunate they found this, and hopefully he can recover fully. I doubt he'll play football again, but who knows. Modern medicine is amazing.

What a twist......

He should definitely call it a career, he's done it long enough. No sense in risking it.

Crazy to think that a trade saved his life. 

Damn first Fairley and now Dorenbos. Physicals catching life threatening conditions for the Saints this season it seems.

Glad we caught it in time and saved his life.

Glad they caught it and he's going to be fine.  I watched his AGT youtube video and just love the guys personality and how he approaches life.  Even though he can't play this year it would be awesome if the Saints kept him around, if the trade isn't voided by this discovery, and have him just be a great sideline guy to keep the team pumped up, help teach whoever we bring in, and maybe do some charity/shows for events.

10 hours ago, Raves said:

Glad they caught it and he's going to be fine.  I watched his AGT youtube video and just love the guys personality and how he approaches life.  Even though he can't play this year it would be awesome if the Saints kept him around, if the trade isn't voided by this discovery, and have him just be a great sideline guy to keep the team pumped up, help teach whoever we bring in, and maybe do some charity/shows for events.

Honestly a 7th 2 years down the road  isn't too much to pay for a guy who can come in and have an impact in the community. There's more to professional sports than what happens on the field/court