Game 5: Colts at Arrowhead GDT

onejayhawk

1 minute ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Guys, Detroit felt good because we won but this is two absolutely atrocious games in a row if we don’t make some moves before the trade deadline we’re a first round lose waiting to happen. 

I agree. We need to go all in for some defensive help. Our window to win it all is firmly open, but we have to capitalize on it. 

• Like 1

It was bound to happen. it is just surprising that it was the Colts. Still, they played a great game. Our only TD came on a freak play.

There seems little doubt that something is physically wrong wit Mahomes. Maybe this week they can work on compensating.

J

6 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

It was bound to happen. it is just surprising that it was the Colts. Still, they played a great game. Our only TD came on a freak play.

There seems little doubt that something is physically wrong wit Mahomes. Maybe this week they can work on compensating.

J

Protection is #1

31 minutes ago, heafstaag said:

Next year's first should be on the o-line.

That'd be my priority as well. The only bad thing is that OT is pretty deep and top heavy while interior OL isn't as deep. Not saying we can't find someone, just that it may be better to take IOL in the 2nd.

• Like 1

2 serious duds for me outside of the defense, is Wylie and DAT. Wylie just doesn't have the strength to anchor the guard spot imo, he's constantly getting pushed back no matter who is in front of him although his backup didn't do anything notable after he went down so idk. DAT is a guy I'm getting tired of seeing return punts. He always tries to play the hero and sometimes it'd be nice if he would let a couple punts bounce through the endzone. He caught one on the stinking 4 or 5 yardline! I don't get it. He singlehandedly strangled our starting field position many times the last few games.

10 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

2 serious duds for me outside of the defense, is Wylie and DAT. Wylie just doesn't have the strength to anchor the guard spot imo, he's constantly getting pushed back no matter who is in front of him although his backup didn't do anything notable after he went down so idk. DAT is a guy I'm getting tired of seeing return punts. He always tries to play the hero and sometimes it'd be nice if he would let a couple punts bounce through the endzone. He caught one on the stinking 4 or 5 yardline! I don't get it. He singlehandedly strangled our starting field position many times the last few games.

Dat was exciting in year 1 and that was it.

• Like 1

When was the last time the Chiefs took an interior offensive lineman in the first 2 rounds of the draft?  Rodney Hudson in the 2nd in 2011, yet we didn't pay him and he went to Oakland where he is a Pro bowler every year.  Even Will Shields was drafted in the 3rd round in 1993.  I'm sure I'm missing some, but my point is that without protection, even Mahomes in vulnerable.  And there is no run game without good front line blocking.  I was amazed watching Quenton Nelson block last night.  Pair him with Anthony Castonzo and you can't miss.  It's time to pony up and draft some offensive line help in the early rounds of the draft.