Game 5: Colts at Arrowhead GDT

onejayhawk

17 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

The thing I’ve hated most about our recent drafting is how much we reach positionally and aren’t going BPA.

Eh. I mean, the trouble is, we can't really know that. The guys we're taking presumably are BPA to the team's scouts and FO. Not lining up with media predictions doesn't mean they're reaching for position. Chris Jones was considered a reach for need at the time, for instance. I don't buy assuming they're reaching positionally when we can't actually see their board. Damn near every 2nd round pick we've had in recent memory has looked like a reach. Tanoh, Speaks, Jones, and Morse all had lower grades by media pundits. In each case I'm sure the team was drafting who they believed was the best player. Especially since those positions weren't all huge needs at the time. But we don't know because we don't see their rankings.

On 10/7/2019 at 12:24 AM, kingseanjohn said:

That'd be my priority as well. The only bad thing is that OT is pretty deep and top heavy while interior OL isn't as deep. Not saying we can't find someone, just that it may be better to take IOL in the 2nd.

NE beat us last playoff by exploiting our weak interior Oline.  What's frustrating is that LDT is back at RG. So I guess the C and LG is weakest?

12 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

NE beat us last playoff by exploiting our weak interior Oline.  What's frustrating is that LDT is back at RG. So I guess the C and LG is weakest?

For sure. Tyler Biadasz appears to be the best IOL in this draft but I doubt he lasts to our pick. But there's a lot of OT that we could look at to move to LG or even potentially be the heir to Schwartz or Fisher.