GDT - Week 5 - A Monday Nighter in the Afternoon?

brooks1957

Yes it's true.....

The Browns appear on Monday Night Football again.......... kinda sorta.

Sometime Sunday, the team depart Hopkins on their

giphy.gif

heading for a land far far away. It is foreboding

It is The Land of Alcatraz!

giphy.gif

But alas, even though this is a planned business trip, the team will still have time to check out the local scenery. They detour to the beach and to check out the local eye candy:

giphy.gif

As well as

giphy.gif

And before heading off to work, they catch one final glimpse of

giphy.gif

Now it is time to turn their attention back to

giphy.gif

And to the Night game that will be an afternoon game. We usually prepare to watch Monday NIGHT Football - however this game will kick off locally in the setting afternoon sun at 5:20 pm PDT, and wont become a true night game until about halftime.

When I first looked at the schedule, I was confident of a Browns win. I still fell that way - but it will not be as easy as I originally thought.

The 49ers are still undefeated in 2019, having beaten the Buccaneers in Florida, Cincinnati on the road, and then returned home to beat the Steelers. Then the NFL cruelly gave them a brutal bye week in week 4. Although the combined W-L total of their previous opponents is just 3-9, they are playing with a ton of confidence right now. They are the most successful franchise in the NFL on Monday Night games

The 49ers are coached by one of the brightest young offensive minds in the NFL in Kyle Shanahan. Their QB, Jimmy Garappolo, is rounding himself back into form after losing most of 2018 to an ACL tear. Their running game is solid. The pretty much run a running back by committee setup - and their yards per carry is in the 5 ypc neighborhood. But the focal point of their offense has to be one of the young starts of the game - TE George Kittle. He has the ability to get open and make the tough 8-12 yard catch and keep the chains moving.

Our defense better have their chin straps buckled up.

I am hoping what I saw and felt last Sunday in Baltimore turns out to be true. The Browns, with all their star power, are beginning to grow into one cohesive unit instead of individual stars. Nick Chubb is the kind of back that can put the pumpkin heads on his back and carry them.

Antonio Callaway is back this week - I hope the bulk of the remainder of the M*A*S*H unit returns as well. We will need them.

Browns 24-21.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Really curious to see the injury report for this week. 

49ers only receiving threat is Kittle. I want Mack on him in coverage. They have really weak skill position players. 

We need to attack their secondary and LBs.

They have sneaky skill position players. I feel like every other week its either Pettis/Debo/Mostert/Breida/Wilson having a really good game. They are not great, but since all of their WRs/RBs are a committee it makes them a little difficult to gameplan against. Plus Shannahan is great OC who knows how to scheme to get guys open looks. The defense is going to have to bring it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Really curious to see the injury report for this week. 

49ers only receiving threat is Kittle. I want Mack on him in coverage. They have really weak skill position players. 

We need to attack their secondary and LBs.

Goodwin is a track star.

Deebo Samuel has come along nicely.

Kyle Jusckheschewitz will catch several balls Monday night. 

Where they really hurt you is there stable of backs. Breida, Mostert and Wilson just pound the LOS all game.

3 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Goodwin is a track star.

Deebo Samuel has come along nicely.

Kyle Jusckheschewitz will catch several balls Monday night. 

Where they really hurt you is there stable of backs. Breida, Mostert and Wilson just pound the LOS all game.

They should have Tevin Coleman coming back too with 2 weeks to prepare coming off Bye. The key will be able to not get behind early with them surely coming out firing with tons of energy