GDT 10/6/19 Week 5: 2-2 Baltimore Ravens vs 1-3 Pitsbirhg steels

DreamKid

Whatever we do draft wise, I'm kind of tired of us spending day 2 draft picks on DT/DE type players who offer literally nothing in terms of pass rush value. The best 3-4 defenses in the NFL have guys who can collapse the pocket and provide an interior pass rush. We don't, and haven't had that since Timmy Jernigan and before we traded him away we didn't have that since Arthur Jones.

I want Marvin Wilson

55 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’d throw $17-$18m at Chris Jones and bank on his ability be to collapse the pocket to free things up for our outside pass rushers. Our pass rush on a 1v1, non schemed basis, has seemingly been subpar at best since Ngata stopped ragrolling interior OLs. And our best pass rush came when we had Ngata and Trevor Pryce. Jones along the interior would do wonders for our defense. Sad we couldn’t draft Jefferey Simmons. He would’ve done wonders for our defense.

What makes you think KC is going to let Chris Jones sign elsewhere?

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Are we at the point now where losing Skura is a bad thing? If anything, I see this as opportunity for guys like Mekari or Bozeman  or Powers to finally stop the Skura experiment.

Skura has been solid this year and OL shakeups are never a good thing especially when your OL is playing well.

Edited by M.10.E

46 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Are we at the point now where losing Skura is a bad thing? If anything, I see this as opportunity for guys like Mekari or Bozeman  or Powers to finally stop the Skura experiment.

Bozeman has clearly been the weak link on the OL this year, not sure why you think he would be better at C. And Mekari doesn't have the functional strength yet to compete with the big boys. Maybe next year. 

I know the preseason narrative on this site has been that Skura sucks, but the "experiment" is far from over and he's been playing pretty well. 

21 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

I want Marvin Wilson

What makes you think KC is going to let Chris Jones sign elsewhere?

They haven’t resigned him yet, he likely resigns but I’ve seen talk of some articles saying the Chiefs might go with their significant DL depth if Jones wants too much.

In terms of Marvin Wilson, he’s solid. Other guys I like more Jevon Kinlaw being one of them. But I’ll save the rest of my thoughts for the draft thread.

Kenny Young ACTUALLY benched. The mad lads did it. Love it.

Kenny and Peanut are the same player. Aggressive downhill players.

Fort, Bynes and Seiler all active. Kenny and Averett benched.

Edited by M.10.E

13 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

lol

If Fort or Bynes actually improve the defense... what state the Ravens are in.

The defense is, for lack of a better word, dumber this year. The team wanted Chris Board to start over Young in the preseason (before he got hurt) despite Young flashing a lot more playmaking.