GDT 10/6/19 Week 5: 2-2 Baltimore Ravens vs 1-3 Pitsbirhg steels

DreamKid

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What a pathetic effort today from everyone not-named Tucker, Humphrey and Jackson.

This defense is so bad. There is NO pass rush from anyone. Nobody except Marlon can cover. 

This passing offense is atrocious. The route concepts, the receivers' ability to get open, the pass protection - it's so bad.

I'm happy for the win, but my goodness we are not trending upwards at all.

I agree with all of this except I believe Canady had a very solid outing. 

1 minute ago, RavensfanRD said:

Final thoughts

Harbaugh should never be allowed to challenge plays again. Dont test the DPI play, but that shaky fumble and other play 

Dont care what none of yall say, Greg Roman is trash 

Defense needs a pass rush

Eric Decosta should offer 3 1st for some "elite" rusher.

Refs are trashcan and should be held accountable for horrid calls that cost both teams the game.

I've seen enough through 5 weeks now to determine that this offense is just flashy motions and running the same crap over and over again. Teams are keying on it. Our passing concepts are GARBAGE, our WR's are poorly coached and can't separate or execute any plays. It's all just bad. Lamar is literally the only saving grace.

1 minute ago, M.10.E said:

Harbaugh couldn't challenge the PI because it was an interception. Everything has to come from up top.

He could challenge the play where Andrew's was interfered with in the first half. Absolutely he could have. Even the announcer said it, too. His "eyes from the top" are shaky at best as well.

2 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I agree with all of this except I believe Canady had a very solid outing. 

We need to give Sam Koch a lot of credit. He had that MONSTER punt when they literally lined up at the 1 yard line. And then in OT flipped field position despite the offense losing yards. He was just as important as Tucker. 

Remember when people in the offseason where suggesting that we HAD to keep Kaare Vedvik on the team at the expense of trading one of the wolf pack? Funny times.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

He could challenge the play where Andrew's was interfered with in the first half. Absolutely he could have. Even the announcer said it, too. His "eyes from the top" are shaky at best as well.

You can't challenge plays on a turnover dude.

On the plus side, we no longer have to see Tony Jefferson on the field for us this year, so that's great. We finally get to see what Chuck Clark and/or Deshon Elliott can do.

On the minus side, if this game didn't illustrate the importance of having good interior players in a 3-4 system, I don't know what game will. Tuitt, Heyward and Hargreaves dominated today and kept Lamar in check and allowed the pass rushers to shoot the edges and even overpursue, but since the interior push was so good it didn't matter. we neeeeeed that, so badly.

as much as LJ insists he hates running, he needs to throw the ball away when there is no option available and pocket is collapsing around him. 

this is a pattern really, the last few weeks he took some unnecessary sacks because he tries to make a play still when there is nothing. Basically running into sacks. No bueno.

5 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

False. The announcer was wrong. 

3 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

You can't challenge plays on a turnover dude.

Well, my mistake then. I thought we could since Harbaugh said in the Chiefs presser he didnt challenge another Andrew's PI because of the statistics. And that to was a pick at the goaline. So I assumed you could challenge any play you felt was PI. However, the more you know! Thanks fellas!

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Damn....I was afraid that was the case. Sorry to hear that guys.

Good game, obviously frustrated but you guys earned it.

I'm not mad that Jefferson is done. If anything, it's a blessing in disguise. He's a terrible player that for some reason the coaches won't bench because of his perceived "leadership and communication skills".