GDT 10/6/19 Week 5: 2-2 Baltimore Ravens vs 1-3 Pitsbirhg steels

DreamKid

7 minutes ago, Danand said:

If Jefferson really has an ACL and LCL, what will the options be to cut him after the season?

We would save money. If my math is correct cutting him would save us about $3.3m. He’s got a $7m salary, so we have to account for his restructure and his base salary spread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

You have no idea what it means to be a part of a team. Your attitude is cancerous. 

Yes I do, and unfortunate as it is, this unfortunate event for Jefferson makes the team better and we're no longer forced to run him out there every week as a liability because the coaches or whomever is convinced that he's some sort of leader.

Vilify me all you want for my take on this situation, I'm sticking to it. It's very unfortunate it had to play out this way, and I hope he recovers back to 100%, but Jefferson on the field was hurting this team.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yes I do, and unfortunate as it is, this unfortunate event for Jefferson makes the team better and we're no longer forced to run him out there every week as a liability because the coaches or whomever is convinced that he's some sort of leader.

Vilify me all you want for my take on this situation, I'm sticking to it. It's very unfortunate it had to play out this way, and I hope he recovers back to 100%, but Jefferson on the field was hurting this team.

You are overconfident in your ability to analyze the effectiveness of our backup strong safeties. There is no where near enough data out there for a knowledgable football fan to conclude that Clark or Elliot will perform better than Jefferson. Of course I hope they do well, and I admit there is the possibility that one of them shines, if not now, eventually.

But in this case your arrogance comes off as ignorance. And saying good riddance to a Raven who suffered an injury is a petty and weak move. Young players have all the opportunity to show the Raven coaches what they can do in training camp and preseason, and there are reasons why Clark and Elliot are backups. They really haven't earned their PT yet. 

Like how so many on this board were salivating to see Bowser and Williams play this year, based on the fact that they are young, athletic, and have flashed on certain plays before. Well it turns out these guys can't perform the way the defense needs them to. Hopefully Clark/Elliot are good. But maybe they are Matt Elam. 

2 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

You are overconfident in your ability to analyze the effectiveness of our backup strong safeties. There is no where near enough data out there for a knowledgable football fan to conclude that Clark or Elliot will perform better than Jefferson. Of course I hope they do well, and I admit there is the possibility that one of them shines, if not now, eventually.

Maybe they don't, but our SS play cannot get worse than it currently has been.

But in this case your arrogance comes off as ignorance. And saying good riddance to a Raven who suffered an injury is a petty and weak move. Young players have all the opportunity to show the Raven coaches what they can do in training camp and preseason, and there are reasons why Clark and Elliot are backups. They really haven't earned their PT yet. 

Jefferson has done literally everything possible to be benched. I guess you could say that Elliott and Clark haven't been impressing in practice, but at some point enough's enough when a guy is blowing coverages and allowing TD's every single week.

Like how so many on this board were salivating to see Bowser and Williams play this year, based on the fact that they are young, athletic, and have flashed on certain plays before. Well it turns out these guys can't perform the way the defense needs them to. Hopefully Clark/Elliot are good. But maybe they are Matt Elam. 

Maybe. We're going to find out. But we already know Jefferson is trash so now we're going to see what else we have and evaluate from there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Danand said:

If Jefferson really has an ACL and LCL, what will the options be to cut him after the season?

Not sure about the legalities exactly, but I'm pretty confident the Ravens won't/can't cut him while he's injured or still recovering. He'll need to be able to pass a physical before that happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RavensDefense3 said:

i mean for whatever reason averett was starting over canady until averett got hurt. coaches don't always know what they're doing. hopefully this will be the same thing, it's going to be hard for someone to be worse than tony. that man was a liability at everything.

Yea, I was kind of surprised Canady was on the practice squad to start the year AND that no one stole him from us with the need for DBs around the league. 

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Confirmed.

HOwever, this just furthers the narrative about how bad referees, including NY, were today. How in the world was that NOT clear DPI?!

Its weird he's not allowed to challenge that but he was allowed to challenge the 3rd INT

8 hours ago, M.10.E said:

Kerrigan? But not sure if they'd trade him. But an option. Just throwing names out.

At this point, anybody will do. We just know we can't complete the season with what we currently have on the roster. The fact that a 3rd string QB was doing numbers and having 20 seconds in the pocket just doesn't sit well with me.

• Like 1