KC offense vs Chicago defense

patriotsheatyan

KC offense vs Chicago defense  

39 members have voted

1. 1. KC offense vs Chicago defense, which unit would prevail H2H

• Kansas City offense
    • Chicago defense

17 minutes ago, FinSting said:

This same Bears defense gave up 31 pts to the Dolphins only 11 months ago. 

The prosecution rests. 

11 months ago, the Dolphins had a real team.

Also, provide evidence this year's defense is the same, or worse. 

Bears defense is arguably the best in the league outside of New England.  I still want to see them against another good QB though (they did play Rodgers/Packers in week 1).  Flacco, Keenum, and Cousins is a murderer's row of complete bums at the QB position, at least with the way Cousins is playing this year, so it's hard to get a read on how great they truly are.

KC vs. Chicago will be a good game though.  

Edited by fortdetroit

5 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Bears if its in Chicago and KC would Score 14 to 17. Oak held them to 28. Cardinals last year at KC held them to 26. Baltimore held them to 27, Chargers 28 and den 27. 2 of 3 in KC. In KC, Chiefs win but only score 24 or 21

This might be the most cherry picked post I have ever seen. You just went through and picked our lowest scoring games of our past year and a half. And they were still higher scoring affairs than what you're predicting.

6 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

This might be the most cherry picked post I have ever seen. You just went through and picked our lowest scoring games of our past year and a half. And they were still higher scoring affairs than what you're predicting.

I pointed out what lessor defenses were able to do to that offense most of them in KC. So by proxy of Chicago having a better defense than all of them, i credited them with a better outing... how is that cherry picking? Thats called comparative analysis. So yes im going to look for their worst points scored total in the last 20 or so games. 

It's not apples to apples... because there are other circumstances to take into consideration. But it paints a predictive hollistic picture.

8 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Bears if its in Chicago and KC would Score 14 to 17. Oak held them to 28. Cardinals last year at KC held them to 26. Baltimore held them to 27, Chargers 28 and den 27. 2 of 3 in KC. In KC, Chiefs win but only score 24 or 21

But this is 2019

17 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

I pointed out what lessor defenses were able to do to that offense most of them in KC. So by proxy of Chicago having a better defense than all of them, i credited them with a better outing... how is that cherry picking? Thats called comparative analysis. So yes im going to look for their worst points scored total in the last 20 or so games. 

It's not apples to apples... because there are other circumstances to take into consideration. But it paints a predictive hollistic picture.

It's cherry picking because you picked only what best suits the prediction you're trying to make.

Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.

You have 20 games worth of data you can use between this year and last year. Only choosing to reference the 5 most favorable for your position is the very definition of cherrypicking. It would be the equivalent of me saying, since we scored 40+ against Oakland, Pittsburgh, New England, LAR, and Cincy, and the Bears allowed only about 7 points less per game than those teams, on average, we should be scoring at least 33 points. This would be cherrypicking the most favorable games for our O. You cherrypicked the most unfavorable ones.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

It's cherry picking because you picked only what best suits the prediction you're trying to make.

You have 20 games worth of data you can use between this year and last year. Only choosing to reference the 5 most favorable for your position is the very definition of cherrypicking. It would be the equivalent of me saying, since we scored 40+ against Oakland, Pittsburgh, New England, LAR, and Cincy, and the Bears allowed only about 7 points less per game than those teams, on average, we should be scoring at least 33 points. This would be cherrypicking the most favorable games for our O. You cherrypicked the most unfavorable ones.

Again, not cherrypicking. Chicago is better than any defense KC has faced in that 20 game stretch, agree? Good. So to get the most accurate depicition of what might happen, imma take the best defensive outings vs that offense and quantify what a better defense than those defenses, who displayed the best results would potentially do. 

Hell, Detroit in Detroit held KC to 26 offensive points missing their top 2 cbs.  That is in a dome. I have to assume a better defense in windy Chicago would hold KC to under 20.

What are you suggesting KC will score vs Chicago at Chicago? This isnt cherrypicking. Its using the best predictive formula i can to try and project what might happen.