Week #5 Steelers 1-3 vs. Ravens 2-2 Gamethread

Steeler Hitman

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

It's been a while. It was during Tomlins Tenure though when we played the bears, Vikings and I dont remember who else in the first 4 weeks that we opened up 0-4. 

I think because Ben got hurt they'll use that as an excuse to not make any changes to the staff.

This franchise has made excuses in recent time. I wouldn't put it past them thats for sure, next year it will be ben and fichner and this year was a write off of sorts. At least the defence is better but when they have 80 snaps it's asking too much as Hoge says. Yeah, the vikings game where the gameplay was to leave Adams on Allen 1 on 1, that really worked didn't it. Adams got in the doghouse and that was career for him:/

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Rumors are swirling that Dan Snyder wants to acquire Mike Tomlin

stephen a smith started this, because he wants to see tomlin have total control as opposed to a colbert feeding him a roster of miscues etc.  Where did you read about this 'rumor' 

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

stephen a smith started this, because he wants to see tomlin have total control as opposed to a colbert feeding him a roster of miscues etc.  Where did you read about this 'rumor' 

Google. An article. Not sure what site. No clue if there is any truth. Right now, just a rumor.

maybe this is his way out though, especially if he has had enough of this franchise. snyder will throw the $ at tomlin and the steelers , and the steelers need RD1 picks  so this could all make sense.  I would prefer they trade colbert though (by a mile as they say) , as I see him as more of a problem.  I doubt I will watch this team with fichner as HC,  can't imagine how that would be.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I agree. I'd like to get a couple picks but honestly while I dony think Tomlin is the whole problem, I think it's time for change. If Tomlin does go, not one coach on the staff right now should remain. Not one.

Tomlin might actually be good but with this franchise and roster, it never worked out. He deserves some blame, but how much we will only learn once he is on another team. Colbert is the real issue IMO,  but for some reason he has no trade valuexD

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I agree. I'd like to get a couple picks but honestly while I dony think Tomlin is the whole problem, I think it's time for change. If Tomlin does go, not one coach on the staff right now should remain. Not one.

Like someone might think I'm joking but I'm not.  If I'm Art Rooney, I go over Colbert's head here.  I call Dan Snyder directly:

"Hi Dan.  Yea I hear there's interest in Tomlin.  Well yea, he's under contract.  Well yea my replacement options right now is crap and Miami owns our first.  I mean can you replace that? Oh you will?  Ok deal"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Like someone might think I'm joking but I'm not.  If I'm Art Rooney, I go over Colbert's head here.  I call Dan Snyder directly:

"Hi Dan.  Yea I hear there's interest in Tomlin.  Well yea, he's under contract.  Well yea my replacement options right now is crap and Miami owns our first.  I mean can you replace that? Oh you will?  Ok deal"

I agree 1000%

22 minutes ago, warfelg said:

how about trading colbert too:D he has no value!  It would be interesting to see tomlin have total control of a team and not have a locker room with egos and players that control the franchise. 

46 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

what about QB, are they going with samuels as the back up if Hodges gets hurt? Mason will probably be out or I would expect so. Who knows though, NFL concussions cure much fast than hockey concussion from what I gather O.o