Week #5 Steelers 1-3 vs. Ravens 2-2 Gamethread

Steeler Hitman

Offering some support from a sworn enemy.

Any further updates on Mason?

Yes I am a womb to the tomb Browns fan, but I am a football fan also - as well as a father who understands that could have been my son out there Sunday. I never want my team to benefit at the expense of the health of a fellow competitor. Play the game hard, but play the game the right way - and let the best team win.

I really liked how Mason was progressing - and hope he is able to return to the field sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, August4th said:

samuels being out is a huge blow..he's arguably been a top 3 skill player for us, so far and I don't like snell tbh(he's too damn slow)

this is what I noticed too, appears to be another wasted pick for this team anyways.

18 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

If it prevents Fichtner from using wildcat so much, maybe it'll be a good thing (ok probably not).

I was thinking this as well, but only a good thing if he is forced to run a conventional pro offence and get the running game legit.  

2 hours ago, Livewire said:

so as of now QB1 ben is out, QB2 is in concussion protocol (out for now) and QB4 samuels is out. That leaves 1 QB, hence the reason I asked if they are considering a QB signing for depth.  Of course that might not be required if Mason is cleared to play:ph34r:

27 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

so as of now QB1 ben is out, QB2 is in concussion protocol (out for now) and QB4 samuels is out. That leaves 1 QB, hence the reason I asked if they are considering a QB signing for depth.  Of course that might not be required if Mason is cleared to play:ph34r:

As someone else mentioned, Paxton Lynch will likely be promoted if Mason can't go.

50 minutes ago, 3rivers said:
1 hour ago, August4th said:

samuels being out is a huge blow..he's arguably been a top 3 skill player for us, so far and I don't like snell tbh(he's too damn slow)

this is what I noticed too, appears to be another wasted pick for this team anyways.

He's played 4 games so far. Ease up. Remember how bad Conner and Bell looked as rookies? The Steelers MO is to draft a big back, make him lose weight, and then have a good RB. It's worked well. 

14 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

He's played 4 games so far. Ease up. Remember how bad Conner and Bell looked as rookies? The Steelers MO is to draft a big back, make him lose weight, and then have a good RB. It's worked well. 

snell looks slower than I can see being of use. I will have 4 years of observing this, we know he is here as long as Colbert is. 

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

snell looks slower than I can see being of use. I will have 4 years of observing this, we know he is here as long as Colbert is. 

He looks exactly like Conner did. Slow and plodding. He'll lose 10lbs in the offseason and be just fine. Just because you hate Colbert doesn't mean every pick he's ever made is bad. Remember how bad everyone hated the Conner pick, especially after his rookie year? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

He looks exactly like Conner did. Slow and plodding. He'll lose 10lbs in the offseason and be just fine. Just because you hate Colbert doesn't mean every pick he's ever made is bad. Remember how bad everyone hated the Conner pick, especially after his rookie year? 

colbert has some later round gems. The point is, unless the player really fails badly, the drafted players have right of way here . I liked the Connor pick, no problems with me.  No need to get into the draft history, we have gone over that a few times here.  I just can't see snell gaining that much speed to be useful, he seems really slow and this OL doesn't make the running lanes ;like it used to which is another reason I don't like the pick. A few years ago, it would have been decent , not now with the OL falling regressing badly.

If they aren’t going to cut Moncreif yet, I at least hope they cut Switzer and bring back Rogers. They seem to have no interest in Switzer playing on offense and he awkwardly isn’t their first choice at KR so let Johnson take the PR an KR duties and being in Rogers. 

It’s not a miracle fix, but I at least feel more justified in the roster spot at this point. 

We will probably trade our 2nd for Devante Parker*

Edited by Dcash4
*This is a joke, please don’t respond to this.
  • Like 1