Week 5 GDT: Vikings vs. Giants @ 1:05pm EST

Giants4eva

Not a great game but my goodness Daniel Jones made some big time throws. He's a tough hombre

I think the team as a whole is a year away (and a little injury luck) from being pretty good 

I want an offensive tackle with our first round pick. Tristan Wirfs please. Maybe an ILB in the 2nd and sign a pass rusher? 

• Like 1

Shepard and Engram both had multiple drops (one was a touchdown for Shepard), our practice squad LB corps was terrible (as expected), and Gallman getting a concussion was huge. Jones played well; the interception was in garbage time, but he did miss a big time throw to Shepard on the first drive. Otherwise, he played as well as he could. Once the lead was sizable and Hilliman was our best running threat, the game was over. That very strong Vikings front 7 pinned their ears back and made it very difficult for DJ. He played well regardless. He reminds me of 2011 Eli with how good he is on 3rd down, and that's one hell of a compliment. Like I said above, we just got outmanned. We had a worse roster than Minnesota to begin with, but the injuries really piled up. Hilliman isn't good; we should have ran Penny to begin with. Solder isn't anything more than an average LT, and he looked worse than average today. Stupar got benched in the 2nd half, and Taufeu (sp?) was easily better than him, so maybe he has something  going forward. Stupar offers nothing. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

TFW when you're happy your LT is playing at best average because of the past decade of worlds below average play at the position. 

He got his lunch eaten today and was still better than ole Flowers 

Like I said, I hope the Giants draft an OT in the first round. The pick will probably be fairly high so we should have a shot at one. 

14 minutes ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

He got his lunch eaten today and was still better than ole Flowers 

Like I said, I hope the Giants draft an OT in the first round. The pick will probably be fairly high so we should have a shot at one. 

LT or edge rusher. Gotta choose need over value here, because we've got one hell of a need at both positions. 

Tough loss for you guys but the Giants are actually pretty tough. Its a young team but I'm impressed. 

Daniel Jones can throw some beauties. That TD pass was perfect. He missed Sheppard on a TD, took a bad sack, and threw a desperate INT, but with more experience he'll fix those things.

The Giants have a bright future. I just hope Shurmur sticks around long enough to see Jones develop and Barkley take over the league.

Good luck the rest of the way. Maybe even beat up on Chi, GB and Det and we'll try to help you guys too!

..one final thing: I laughed when Shurmur challenged for pass interference when it wasn't clear at all. Obviously Mike Zimmer taught him well (who is the worst at this!) Haha!xD

Edited by SteelKing728
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

Geez the injuries at RB and LB are really showing up 

Proud of the D for battling. Bettch is actually a pretty good coordinator

Have to possess the ball and get some points on this opening drive or this game will turn into a laugher quick. 

Jabrill Peppers is playing a man's game 

I just don't see it. The scheme was supposed to be this hybrid amoeba based 3-4, with no set positions, a fluid rotational adaptive defense that would confuse offenses. The stats so far this season are horrendous...30th in yards per game allowed, 23rd in points per game allowed, 21st in takeaways. And of the 5 games they faced only 1 top offense (Dallas). They've only held 1 team under 25 points...the 0-5 Skins with their 27th ranked offense. This defense isn't confusing anyone....

On 10/3/2019 at 3:17 PM, GMENNATION said:

I think the MIN defense is going to expose our offense with a rookie QB and no Saquon. They won't need to score more than 10 points to beat us.

Pretty much as predicted. Admittedly, it was made worse when Gallman went out but the writing was on the wall with this one. Teams tend to respond to adversity like what the Vikings faced last week. Pitch and catch all day long for Cousins and you knew he was going to be looking for Thielen and Diggs often.

In a weird way, I'm not unhappy with how yesterday went. DJ looked how you expect a rookie to look against a really good defense, especially when your OL is incapable of blocking. Solder is the biggest concern here. Right now, that's looking like another wasted signing and instead of honing in on a pass rusher in April, we'll have to be considering a LT.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

Pretty much as predicted. Admittedly, it was made worse when Gallman went out but the writing was on the wall with this one. Teams tend to respond to adversity like what the Vikings faced last week. Pitch and catch all day long for Cousins and you knew he was going to be looking for Thielen and Diggs often.

In a weird way, I'm not unhappy with how yesterday went. DJ looked how you expect a rookie to look against a really good defense, especially when your OL is incapable of blocking. Solder is the biggest concern here. Right now, that's looking like another wasted signing and instead of honing in on a pass rusher in April, we'll have to be considering a LT.

You're not wrong, and as badly as Solder has played, I still don't mind the signing. An upgrade needed to be made, and he was the only good LT on the FA market that year. Five games in and it is looking like it was a huge mistake to trade up and take Baker rather than take Risner with our early 2nd.

46 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

You're not wrong, and as badly as Solder has played, I still don't mind the signing. An upgrade needed to be made, and he was the only good LT on the FA market that year. Five games in and it is looking like it was a huge mistake to trade up and take Baker rather than take Risner with our early 2nd.

To be honest, I was thinking OT as well. Don't worry gents, in this next draft theres plenty of beef to go around with Wirfs, Thomas, Little and Adams