ALDS: Twins @ Yankees

Leader

17 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Crazy to think of how DJ was perceived at the time he signed vs. how he's seen now. What a season.

The offseason started and I was worried about the RS signing DJLM for 2nd. Then NYY signed him and twitter convinced me he was actually bad. Should have stood my ground.

26 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Don't remind me

Huh? I'm sorry....what is it I'm not supposed to remind you of?

That the Yankees just won their 11th straight playoff game against the Twins?

Is that it? :)

Hey - it was a good game that the NYY finally broke open. MN had its shots....maybe they'll come thru tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Huh? I'm sorry....what is it I'm not supposed to remind you of?

That the Yankees just won their 11th straight playoff game against the Twins?

Is that it? :)

Hey - it was a good game that the NYY finally broke open. MN had its shots....maybe they'll come thru tomorrow. 

If I remember right you didn't even believe me that the Yankees dominated the twins in the playoffs. It's why I wanted to play anybody but the Yankees.

It didn't quite have the same feel as a lot of the other games though

7 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

If I remember right you didn't even believe me that the Yankees dominated the twins in the playoffs. It's why I wanted to play anybody but the Yankees. It didn't quite have the same feel as a lot of the other games though

You must have the wrong guy cause I know the NYY have had success against MN and never would have abused you of the fact. That said, this is a different MN team...with a dangerous lineup. Cant say how many scoring opportunities they had late in the game (after it had broken open) but they were 1 for 9 w/RISP and the way this team hits - change that stat around a bit (i.e. get some clutch hits) the character and potentially the outcome could have been much different.

The score doesnt indicate how close the game was.

Its good to see the NYY back on a war footing after having taken the last month of the season off getting guys rested up / healthy and basically playing Spring Training II. They played a tight game last night. Good, productive ABs (taking the walk rather than swinging/striking out at garbage pitches - yeah thats right, I'm talking about you Mr. Stanton) good D and all the pitchers came thru in their spots. Well played. Do that again today......we'll be well set up for TB/HOU.

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

You must have the wrong guy cause I know the NYY have had success against MN and never would have abused you of the fact. That said, this is a different MN team...with a dangerous lineup. Cant say how many scoring opportunities they had late in the game (after it had broken open) but they were 1 for 9 w/RISP and the way this team hits - change that stat around a bit (i.e. get some clutch hits) the character and potentially the outcome could have been much different.

The score doesnt indicate how close the game was.

Its good to see the NYY back on a war footing after having taken the last month of the season off getting guys rested up / healthy and basically playing Spring Training II. They played a tight game last night. Good, productive ABs (taking the walk rather than swinging/striking out at garbage pitches - yeah thats right, I'm talking about you Mr. Stanton) good D and all the pitchers came thru in their spots. Well played. Do that again today......we'll be well set up for TB/HOU.

Stanton deserves no props after that putrid defensive performance and grounding out on a 3-0 count with a runner on third early on. Congrats he had 3 walks, make some plays and come through in the clutch ya bum