Patriots place K Stephen Gostkowski on IR; to sign Mike Nugent & Younghoe Koo

RaidersAreOne

16 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

I wonder how much of Gostkowski's struggles have to do with the rookie Punter being his new holder

It's all Gostkowski.

16 hours ago, patman said:

I don't know what cap space has to do with signing a kicker that is out of a job. What do you think Mike Nugent would expect 1 mill pro rated so it is 750,000.  

Nugent would be an improvement and take little to sign at this point. 37 years old and chance to join a great team that could win a Super Bowl? He is unemployed and it might be the last team he ever plays for.

31 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Anyone but Mathew Wright please. I can't have the GOAT UCF kicker now kicking for evil :(

He tried out for the Pats.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

They would probably love to have Diggs, but what would the Patriots be willing to trade that the Vikings would want/need?

I doubt the Vikings will trade DIGGS. My guess is they would give the Vikings a first round pick, not sure about players.

31 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

The Vikings probably want/need draft assets to trade up for their next QB in 2020.

If Cousins can't get this turned around, I'd be all for blowing the whole thing up, having a garage sale for 2021 draft picks and paying whatever it takes to land Trevor Lawrence.  It will never happen, but it's fun to think about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

The Vikings probably want/need draft assets to trade up for their next QB in 2020.

Agreed. If Diggs is moved it will be for draft picks. Pick 32 will be needed to start the conversation. MN really needs OL help this year but New England probably can’t help there. I’d think New England would also have to throw in a WR since MN only has 4, including bust Treadwell.

20 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Agreed. If Diggs is moved it will be for draft picks. Pick 32 will be needed to start the conversation. MN really needs OL help this year but New England probably can’t help there. I’d think New England would also have to throw in a WR since MN only has 4, including bust Treadwell.

Patriots 2020 first round pick and Jakobi Meyers for Diggs.