Gostkowski to IR

SBLIII

18 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

We replaced him with Mike Nugent.

Last time he kicked close to a full season (13 games) was 2016 and he was 79% FG and 79% XP. 8 games in 2017 saw him do a little better with 84%/88%. Last year he only attempted 11 kicks total so its too small a sample size to glean anything on. 

Kicking is about to get worse

• Like 2

I don't think many expected us to find an upgrade during the season. I guess most who wanted Ghost to be replaced want a new kicker either in FA next March or a kicker in the draft. There isn't much good out there right now so Ghost going to IR was not good.

On 10/3/2019 at 6:56 PM, ChazStandard said:

Nugent's OK, semi-solid career. Has kicked in Cinci and Chicago as well, so used to kicking outdoors. But the kicking game will definitely be worse. I've been the as big a critic of SG as anyone, but he's 100% better than an FA brought in off the street.

I think I am certainly more critical of Gostkowski, because he absolutely sucks when you need him just not to.

Nugent is an upgrade over Gostkowski.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

I think I am certainly more critical of Gostkowski, because he absolutely sucks when you need him just not to.

Nugent is an upgrade over Gostkowski.

You absolutely are, I actually meant to put (apart from Dole) in there in brackets, but it slipped my mind.

• Like 1