Birds of Prey

Ozzy

18 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Ive heard nothing but good things so far.

Im sure it has its issues, but as long as you arent expecting Little Women going in, sounds like it should be a decent time

Jahns has super similar taste to me. If he advocates for it that will mean something to me.

90% on RT. However, I've read some polarizing opinions from people on other forums who've seen the movie. It also has a 6.5 on IMDb and Jeremy Jahns said it's fine, but not great. 

I'll still probably check it out this weekend, but I'm going in with somewhat tempered expectations. It can't be worse than Suicide Squad.

Edited by KManX89

49 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Wait is this thread about Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) or a different Birds of Prey. OP left it up in the air with that title 

I don't know, only have the trailer in the original post.  Big mystery which one I am talking about...

The movie itself whatever, will not be some all time great but it will make some freaking cash and could easily beat the over.  

11 hours ago, KManX89 said:

90% on RT. However, I've read some polarizing opinions from people on other forums who've seen the movie. It also has a 6.5 on IMDb and Jeremy Jahns said it's fine, but not great. 

I'll still probably check it out this weekend, but I'm going in with somewhat tempered expectations. It can't be worse than Suicide Squad.

Everyone is saying its solid.  

Nice to hear its not the epic trainwreck it seemed like it was going to be.

• Like 2

I'm definitely waiting to see what some of you say about it.  No way i'm trusting a Rotten Tomato score on a female empowerment movie.  I won't see it in Theaters regardless, but if it's a good time I might make an effort to catch it once it hits streaming.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

I'm definitely waiting to see what some of you say about it.  No way i'm trusting a Rotten Tomato score on a female empowerment movie.  I won't see it in Theaters regardless, but if it's a good time I might make an effort to catch it once it hits streaming.

I think I am seeing it tonight, ill do a spoiler free review

• Like 1

No way i'm trusting a Rotten Tomato score on a female empowerment movie.

RT shouldn't be trusted for anything. IMDB all the way, but you have to adjust the scale. Movies on IMDB with scores 6.0 and up are usually at least watchable, 1/10 scores from fedora critics skew it. But still, MUCH better than RT. 

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Charlie's Angels and Black Christmas have a 52% and 40%, respectively, just sayin'.

17 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

RT shouldn't be trusted for anything. IMDB all the way, but you have to adjust the scale. Movies on IMDB with scores 6.0 and up are usually at least watchable, 1/10 scores from fedora critics skew it. But still, MUCH better than RT. 

No kidding. RT only weighs the % of positive reviews, no matter how positive. If you have 200 people and they all say it's okay, it's still a 100%.

IMDb is somewhat skewed, too, though. Most any film scores a 6.0 or higher. You damn near have to TRY to score below a 6 on IMDb. Ergo, a 5.9 or below is objectively bad.

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Charlie's Angels and Black Christmas have a 52% and 40%, respectively, just sayin'.

No kidding. RT only weighs the % of positive reviews, no matter how positive. If you have 200 people and they all say it's okay, it's still a 100%.

IMDb is somewhat skewed, too, though. Most any film scores a 6.0 or higher. You damn near have to TRY to score below a 6 on IMDb. Ergo, a 5.9 or below is objectively bad.

Like Black Christmas 2019: 3.1/10

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Charlie's Angels and Black Christmas have a 52% and 40%, respectively, just sayin'

Black Christmas would be in the single digits if not for that empowerment BS, though.    Never saw CA, so I wont comment, but there are many better movies with lower RT scores than Black Christmas...which is on par with Uwe Boll movies.

I liked it. The action sequences were very well done and highly entertaining. Each character is fleshed out and very 3-dimensional. Character motivations are obvious. Nothing comes off as forced. The pacing is a little sporadic, but its not super distracting. The mcguffin is not ridiculous per rumors. The music in congruence with the movie is great. My biggest complaints are that Huntress didn't really get fleshed out until very late and it makes her feel rushed a bit and that Renee Montoya could not be in the movie and it'd be... maybe better? More streamlined? She was my least favorite character, so idk, but she was still well done. The opening sequences are a little slow but once Harley is in the precinct per the trailers it picks up in a big way. 

I'd give it a 7/10

• Like 1