Birds of Prey

Ozzy

11 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Maybe you like SJW agendas crammed down your throat in movies that are supposed to entertain, but most people dont.

But by all means, enjoy.

You don't want forced politics shoved into your movies?! How misogynistic of you!

/greenfont

51 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Maybe you like SJW agendas crammed down your throat in movies that are supposed to entertain, but most people dont.

But by all means, enjoy.

Every movie has an agenda, man. If you don't want to see a movie about a theme or agenda you don't care about, then don't see it. This movie isn't targeted at you anyways.

I mean do you guys not think these issues are brought up in the comics at all?

Edited by seminoles1

51 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Every movie has an agenda, man. If you don't want to see a movie about a theme or agenda you don't care about, then don't see it. This movie isn't targeted at you anyways.

I mean do you guys not think these issues are brought up in the comics at all?

This is EXACTLY what I hate seeing. It's BS. It's a flipping superhero movie. Was Wonder Woman not for me? Was Captain Marvel not for me? It's a cop out answer to explain a forced agenda. I also think 43, KMan, I and many others have made it clear we aren't going to see it. It's frustrating because I wanted to see it and now I won't.

Edited by Bullet Club

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

This is EXACTLY what I hate seeing. It's BS. It's a flipping superhero movie. Was Wonder Woman not for me? Was Captain Marvel not for me? It's a cop out answer to explain a forced agenda. I also think 43, KMan, I and many others have made it clear we aren't going to see it. It's frustrating because I wanted to see it and won't.

Was MoS targeted towards young women? How about BvS? Joker?

It's a superhero movie, but superhero movies don't always mean they are going to be targeted at every possible audience. Most will, but not all do.

I'm sorry you had hopes for seeing this but now won't because it has a theme you don't want to see put on screen. They apparently decided to go for a feminist approach. Oh well, maybe the next one will be more generic.

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

This is EXACTLY what I hate seeing. It's BS. It's a flipping superhero movie. Was Wonder Woman not for me? Was Captain Marvel not for me? It's a cop out answer to explain a forced agenda. I also think 43, KMan, I and many others have made it clear we aren't going to see it. It's frustrating because I wanted to see it and now I won't.

Its kinda new territory. Any other medium adaptation with this cast of characters would have been from source material with a predominately female audience. In this instance, the audience is predominately male due to the medium being comics and characters created in that mythos. These are characters who were created in books with a male lead designed for male audience being adapted to lead their own books and then being adapted to film. It's... weird. 

• Like 1