Birds of Prey

Ozzy

13 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

That's possible. The leaks I read specifically mentioned removal and 99% of the storyline is exactly the same.

Obviously havent seen it, but it seems pretty obvious that Harley is a completely unreliable Narrator for this movie. And I still think it was either a joke she makes to Roman, or something she tells another character, but a joke in bad taste, that someone ran with as the "true motivation" when they saw a partial cut, or saw it written down in a script.

But there was no way that WB was going to let that through. That studio has proven they meddle too much in all these movies, it would seem improbable to me that they would let something like that actually get to the final film

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I think this is going to bomb hard. Robbie is an amazing actress but she is wasting her talent on this franchise. 

I think it'll depend on reviews. Overall I bet it does okay (assuming a smaller production budget), but good reviews could make it a solid hit.

Floor for an opening is $30 million with bad reviews. I think it comes in just over $40 million with a shot at $50+ million with good reviews. Considering the budget is supposedly under $100 million, that $50 million would be a good start.

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I think it'll depend on reviews. Overall I bet it does okay (assuming a smaller production budget), but good reviews could make it a solid hit.

Floor for an opening is $30 million with bad reviews. I think it comes in just over $40 million with a shot at $50+ million with good reviews. Considering the budget is supposedly under $100 million, that $50 million would be a good start.

I think the floor you set is too high...though it could happen.

Pro reviews IMO arent going to matter THAT much.   They have positively reviewed other movies that bombed.

Biggest thing this movie has going for it is there isnt much competition right now.

No desire to see it, personally...though Im curious to see how it does at the box office.

Just now, MikeT14 said:

That's fair, but it's Tuesday and they aren't out yet. That's interesting. 

I base my interest more off of audience scores, freelance critics (mostly on YouTube) and reactions I get from friends, family and even on here.

Pro reviews mean nothing to me, and I dont think they matter to most people.  I do think they can tip the scales, but if interest is extremely high or low, I dont think it changes much.   I feel like buzz via word of mouth makes a much bigger impact.

20 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I base my interest more off of audience scores, freelance critics (mostly on YouTube) and reactions I get from friends, family and even on here.

I actually put a lot of stock in what people say on here. Been around long enough and talked with guys here enough to know whose opinions I can trust when it comes to movie quality. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I actually put a lot of stock in what people say on here. Been around long enough and talked with guys here enough to know whose opinions I can trust when it comes to movie quality. 

Yeah, nothing wrong with that.   I trust people on here more than pro reviews.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That's fair, but it's Tuesday and they aren't out yet. That's interesting. 

I think did something alittle different with this one. They gave the go ahead on "social reaction" but I think Reviews werent opened up till the end of the week

Never a good thing, but I thought I read somewhere that they were worried about a reveal/twist getting out. But that could always be BS

I don't recall any major budget movie that's waited this long to get reviews out that wasn't a major turd.    Even movies with mixed reviews has let the reviews come out earlier than 3-4 days IIRC.

It's not that I trust pro reviewers - it's just that if/when the reviews are all bad....it's not a good sign at all.    Let's face it, when it comes to DC, they've done nothing to earn the viewers' trust here.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

It has a 91% from RT which inst surprising since most critics are hesitant to pan these movies that use empowerment as a backdrop, but a 7.0 on IMDB is really intriguing. May actually pay for this one, albeit the preview seemed too heavy on the anarchy much like Suicide Squad. You need to find that balance of cohesive narration and insanity like Deadpool did.