Who had a better 1 Year Peak: Adrian Peterson or Megatron

mdonnelly21

36 members have voted

1. 1. Better 1 Year Peak

I think it’s Megatron... and it’s not even close. Neither had exceptional touchdown numbers the year they put up their yards, but the kicker for me is that while 6 other RBs in NFL history were able to reach the 2000 yard rushing plateau, Megatron is the only receiver to reach 1900 yards and is almost 100 yards higher than the next closest receiver. There have been many great receivers to play in the NFL and none have accomplished what Megatron accomplished in that aspect.

Whats more Adrian Peterson’s 2000 yard season paled in comparison to Chris Johnson’s. Now if it were between Calvin and that, I’d go with Chris Johnson for sure.

Think it's Adrian by a clear amount. He carried that dreadful Minnesota offense to the postseason. He was unstoppable the 2nd half of the season and was the main reason they kept winning. Calvin's best games came in losses, usually by more than one score.

• Like 1

Calvin Johnson had 5 TD's

14 hours ago, mdonnelly21 said:

IMO I think this is comfortably AP, he was def more unstoppable 

AP: 2,097/12 TD's, 6 Yards per carry

Megatron: 1964/16 TD's, 122 yards per game,

Calvin Johnson had 5 TD's the year he had 1964 yards.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 1:49 PM, Bullet Club said:

Think it's Adrian by a clear amount. He carried that dreadful Minnesota offense to the postseason. He was unstoppable the 2nd half of the season and was the main reason they kept winning. Calvin's best games came in losses, usually by more than one score.

That’s weird. 

they had 12 losses that year. 3 of which were by more than one score (4 if you wanna get stingy and say 8 points is more than one score)