Eagles will have plays designed for Alshon

Phire

If Alshon is who we hope he is... I still can't get over that we might have a true #1 receiver. Not a shocker in any shape or form but it's nice to hear we're looking to get him the football.

When the Eagles open the season against Washington on Sunday, Jeffery will have a package of plays called “17 plays” — calls that are designed to go to Jeffery. The Eagles consider Jeffery a “primary playmaker,” as offensive coordinator Frank Reich said, “and are going to make a conscious effort to get him the ball.” Doug Pederson can call those about 10-12 times per game. The coverage might force Carson Wentz to look elsewhere, but Wentz will make sure he feeds Jeffery — more so than the Eagles did any of their wide receivers the past two seasons. My guess is the Eagles will target Jeffery 150 times this season, which will be the most by an Eagles receiver since targets were tracked. That amounts to about 9 to 10 per game. (Quick aside: Make sure you read Mike Sielski‘s in-depth look at Jeffery’s journey to the NFL. Sielski spent time in Jeffery’s South Carolina hometown to get this fascinating story.)

Good tidbit for fantasy football too :)

I remember back in 2002, Vikings head coach Mike Tice mentioned a Randy (Moss) ratio...I guess they won games when they passed his way 40% of the time. Moss had a great year 106 catches, 1300+ yards, 7TDs. The 185 targets weren't exactly 40% and the 6-10 record wasn't what they envisioned either.  

41 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I would hope they have designed plays for him. I'd be worried if not. 

Exactly. Hell I hope they have designed plays to get Ertz and Sproles the ball. They too Should have packages to specifically attack Defenses.

Archived