My crazy invention idea thread.

cconocool

Alexa enabled auto-counselors for schools / therapy/ whatever.

The internet has far more information than a single person does. Empathy is overrated, so we should make the jump so the patient or student is actually getting the information and help they require. Instead of a human's "best guess" at what that help is.

For fun, this Alexa-bot should also dispense candy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

Would give alcoholics a perfect answer when questioned... Get hammered eating tequila worms and when the cop pulls you over and asks if you've been drinking you can tell him with full honesty and a very smug look "Nope!"

Just keep them away from @Tyty so he doesn't overdose

If I was capable of overdosing it would’ve happened by now 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

Alexa enabled auto-counselors for schools / therapy/ whatever.

The internet has far more information than a single person does. Empathy is overrated, so we should make the jump so the patient or student is actually getting the information and help they require. Instead of a human's "best guess" at what that help is.

For fun, this Alexa-bot should also dispense candy.

“Alexa, I feel kinda sad today”

”I checked the internet and you have stage 4 liver cancer!”

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2019 at 7:36 AM, Counselor said:

I don’t get why anyone would share their invention idea in here? So someone with more motivation than you can capitalize.

Perhaps. But ideas are a dime a dozen, even less than that on the internet.
Turning an idea into a business or a product is 98 % of the effort  -  and most don't have that level of passion for your idea

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 2:13 PM, cconocool said:

A remotely operated USB powered noise generator. Plug it into your printer's USB port and sent a signal when starting to print to prevent cats from playing with documents. 

Better idea - don't own cats. xD

Not an invention, but an idea: Set up multiple SAP channels during football broadcasts that have different pairings of announcers/play by play guys.

Don't like Aikman/Buck? SAP 2 will go to Shaq/Charles Barkley, or Mike Judge as Beavis and Butthead. Tired of Jim Nantz/Tony Romo? SAP 4 will give you Will Ferrell and John C. Reiley, or Seth Rogen and James Franco.

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking about a construction tool, but I don't know about its uses.

It would look something like a toy car and have a set of lasers on it. The car runs by send off a laser signal off to another surface, verifying that that surface is x distance away from the inital board. When there is variation, the car would stop and flash orange light indicating that the spacing was off. It could send off a double signal laser signal to match up other aspects beyond distance between the boards, IE keeping them in line...

43 minutes ago, cconocool said:

send off a laser signal off to another surface

https://www.amazon.com/laser-tape-measure/s?k=laser+tape+measure

Are you at all familiar with google and their ability to quickly search the entire planet on a wide variety of topics ? :)
Many of the units linked above are consumer or contractor-level, but the companies building bridges, dams and skyscrapers already have them deployed on projects. see below

https://www.engineersupply.com/construction-lasers.aspx

construction_lasers-articles-A1.png

• Like 1

I don't like fishing, but I know often times people will bring coolers out onto the boat. Have a filet board incorporated onto the bottom of a cooler top. Flip it upside down and you can filet your fish on the boat. The only issues that might come up would be sanitation issues, but I am sure that could be easily remedied.