Fantasy Progress Thread

BayRaider

I noticed there’s no thread to discuss each other’s progress and how the season is going. 

I’m currently 2-2 which I am content with at the moment. Although I am playing the league’s highest scorer this week. 

I get Melvin Gordon back this week so have a possible four headed RB monster with David Johnson/Joe Mixon/Chris Carson/Melvin Gordon. I have two flex spots, so I can start four RBs. 

Cooper Kupp and Sammy Watkins have also surprisingly been two very good starting WRs for me that I got in the 4th and 6th Round respectively. And John Brown has been a sneaky little flex play. 

Share your progress and let us know who’s been helping your team. 

• Like 1

12 team 1/2 pt PPR 3 player keeper league.

I've got one of the more loaded rosters you'll ever see but I'm 2-2 (top scoring team).

• CMC, Engram and a consistent Wentz have been my lynch pins.  McCoy has also had 2 really good back to back weeks in my flex.
  • My WRs have been killing me since week 1.  It's either Hopkins/ Gordon being MIA or me picking wrong between Samuel, MVS and Allison (when I had him rostered).  
  • Need some consistency out of Kamara as I've lost in both his off weeks, one of those losses being really close.
  • Getting Melvin Gordon back this week is going to be a nice size advantage once he gets rolling.  Using my first pick on him ended up being a risk that looks to have paid of

Roster

• QB- Wentz
  • RB- CMC (K), Kamara (K), Gordon, McCoy, R. Freeman, Gore, Guice (IR)
  • WR- Hopkins, Gordon, Samuel, MVS
  • TE- Ingram, Olsen
  • DEF- Stream
Edited by SSG
  • Like 1

12 team, 1 pt ppr, .5 per carry and IDP league. 2-2, if not for me second guessing a few moves last week I would be 3-1. This week and last week I'll be playing the two worst teams and I lost last week. I was looking at week 4/5 as potential wins to get me to 4-1. Now I'm trying to stay a float.

I feel good about my team in the long run the but short run I'm not sure. This is mainly because of Dak. Last week's dud isn't inspiring and even though there's Andy Dalton and Kirk Cousins in the pool, I just can't get myself to start them this week.

Dak, Brees

Chubb, Mack, Montgomery, Hyde

Davante Adams, Edelman, A Rob, Sterling Shepard, and Auden Tate

Darren Waller

Matt Gay

SF def

Kwon Alexander, Joe Schobert, Jamal Adams and Jessie Bates.

My main league is a 10 team 0.5 ppr league with college buddies,, $200 buy-in and a redraft league. 

I'm the defending champ and sitting at 3-1 after one of the best comeback wins I've ever had last week to survive Chubb/Godwin. Had what looks like a pretty weak draft tbh, I way overdrafted Baker Mayfield and didn't really hit on any late round picks except Emmanuel Sanders. But I've been active/effective on FAAB waiver wire since then, including making up for my Baker mistake by getting Lamar after Week 1 and getting McClaurin. 

In the midst of trying to weather the Saquon injury storm and given some of the reports the past 2 days I'm feeling good that I didn't tilt trade him for some of the offers I got right after the injury. I don't believe for a second he's actually gonna play this week but it seems like he may be back after another 2 games so I think as long as I can grab a win one of the next 2 weeks and get to 4-2 with Saquon coming back into my lineup, I'm gonna be in a strong place. 

My RB's without Saquon is a steady/unspectacular group - traded Brandon Cooks and Carlos Hyde for James Conner and also have Josh Jacobs, Miles Sanders, and now Tevin Coleman. I feel good about this group if Saquon does come back soon - Conner and Jacobs as strong RB2 plays and Sanders and Coleman as high upside speculative adds. But without Saquon it's just me hoping week to week that one of them can break out and give me a banner week like Conner just did for me, but I know I can't really count on any of them to do it on a consistent basis. 

At wide receiver I was able to get Kenny Golladay with a big FAAB bid after he was somehow dropped, so I've got a strong duo there with Mike Evans/Golladay now and am sitting on my long-term AJ Green stash that I'm not feeling as great about anymore but nevertheless need to ride out at this point. 

All in all I think I"m building a team that if the injury stuff breaks the right way with should put me in a position to make a run at the playoffs again (top 4 qualify). If the AJ Green stash works out then this could be a real juggernaut. 

Biggest regret of the season so far is oddly enough on defense - got outbid for the Pats D by 2 dollars in Week 2 and am on the streaming route rather than having a set and forget stud there. 

Full roster rn:

QB Lamar Jackson

RB Saquon, Conner, J. Jacobs, M. Sanders, T. Coleman

WR Mike Evans, Golladay, E. Sanders, T. McClaurin, AJ Green

TE Kittle

K Butker

D/ST Eagles (streaming week to week) 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 1

10 Team 0.5 PPR
Currently 4-0

Averaging 112 points per contest vs 89 points against. I expect that gap to narrow though. 

Alvin & the Dripmunks:

Rodgers, Jimmy G
Kamara, A. Jones, Michel, Breida, Murray
Hopkins, *Kupp, **Boyd, A. Robinson, Beasley, MVS
Howard
Gould
Pats D

*Traded Lockett for Kupp
**Traded McLaurin for Boyd

-I love my depth, but Hopkins has been brutal lately.
-Jones is really TD dependent. 
-Howard has been invisible
-Pats D is basically carrying me lol

5 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

10 Team 0.5 PPR
Currently 4-0

Averaging 112 points per contest vs 89 points against. I expect that gap to narrow though. 

Alvin & the Dripmunks:

Rodgers, Jimmy G
Kamara, A. Jones, Michel, Breida, Murray
Hopkins, *Kupp, **Boyd, A. Robinson, Beasley, MVS
Howard
Gould
Pats D

*Traded Lockett for Kupp
**Traded McLaurin for Boyd

-I love my depth, but Hopkins has been brutal lately.
-Jones is really TD dependent. 
-Howard has been invisible
-Pats D is basically carrying me lol

Average of 89 points against in 0.5 ppr honestly means you might just be getting by on smoke and mirrors and you probably want to make a move to fortify. I would suggest trying to move Boyd for some RB or TE help. With Ross now out and AJ still not back I think that Bengals offense might be a bit of a mess for the next couple of weeks so he's a decent sell high(ish) candidate.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Average of 89 points against in 0.5 ppr honestly means you might just be getting by on smoke and mirrors and you probably want to make a move to fortify. I would suggest trying to move Boyd for some RB or TE help. With Ross now out and AJ still not back I think that Bengals offense might be a bit of a mess for the next couple of weeks so he's a decent sell high(ish) candidate.  

Yeah I'm trying to get Kittle currently. RBs are just an absolute wasteland so far and everyone I play with wants an absurd return for like, Joe Mixon and Fournette.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Yeah I'm trying to get Kittle currently. RBs are just an absolute wasteland so far and everyone I play with wants an absurd return for like, Joe Mixon and Fournette.

Yeah its so ugly that to think someone like Hyde(who probably wasn't drafted in many leagues) is someone's RB3/bye week fill in, like me.

3-1, currently stuck in injury purgatory. Got crushed last week and going up against the #1 team in the league this week, so probably not looking good. 

If I can tread water over the next 3-4 weeks, manage to go at worst 2-2 out of those 4, I think I'll be set up okay moving forward once everyone gets back and is healthy. Quarterback is a problem for me, but skill position wise okay

Quarterback (2) - streaming (lost big ben early on in the season, had to trade Lamar Jackson for pieces to field a viable roster at the skill positions). 

RB - Barkley (injured, figure 3 more games), DAvid Johnson, Ekeler, Ronald Jones

WR - Boyd, Gallup (injured), AJ Green (injured), McLaurin (injured, probably not playable until I see what the offense looks like), TY Hilton (injured)

TE - Kelce 

DEF - Currently buffalo, have largely been picking up whatever defense is playing the dolphins a week in advance, however, and playing that. 

My Team on most weeks going forward:

12 Team Full Pt PPR

QB Tom Brady (14)

RB David Johnson (1)

RB Joe Mixon (2)

WR Cooper Kupp (4)

WR Sammy Watkins (6)

TE Austin Hooper (9)

FLEX Chris Carson (3)

Super FLEX Melvin Gordon (7)

Also got John Brown, DeSean Jackson, Philip Rivers in reserve and picked up Hunter Henry for when he comes back. 

Edited by BayRaider

I've undergone a relative overhaul on my Money League roster after a 2-2 start (league is wide open right now, I'm sitting in 6th and no one in the league has more than 3 wins).

12 team Standard

QB Wentz

RB (start 2; plus a WR/RB flex): Zeke Elliott, Chris Carson, Damien Williams, Rashad Penny, Jaylen Samuels

WR (start 2; plus a WR/TE flex): Mike Evans, Tyler Lockett, Marvin Jones, Robbie Anderson

TE: Will Dissly

DEF: Tennessee

K: Robbie Gould

I'm currently riding to see if Carson can reassert his stronghold on the Seattle backfield and I've got this week and next to see how that pans out (because I'd have the ability to drop Penny for Singletary who is on waivers right now and on bye next week - which would allow me to dangle Samuels in from of the John Conner owner and feel fine going 4-deep at RB the rest of the season).

Would like to improve my WR situation, but it's not terrible.  Evans has finally rounded into form now that he's past the stomach virus.  Lockett is better suited as a WR3, but the Hawks are late season surgers so I want him for the playoffs and the weeks leading up to them.  I'm streaming TE's so I'm riding the hot hand on Dissly right now, but I'm not above scavenging from TE's dropped on their byes to replace him ahead of his.

12 team money lg, .5 ppr

4-0, mostly on the strength of my defense lol (not the position, we don't even play a defense in the lg, but I have by far the least points scored against in the league).

4th in points, so not bad. And Hilton, Damien Williams, and AJ Green have missed a bunch of time. 

my team:

kyler

David johnson, nick chubb, damien williams, jaylen samuels, malcolm brown

hilton, fitz, aj green, calvin ridley, phil dorsett, will fuller, and traded (hyde + john brown) for eman sanders and tyler boyd

kittle

I play no kicker to keep an extra spot on flex positions plus you get like 3 pts on average a game from them so no biggie 

I have 5 leagues 

Team 1

type: 12 Team Dynasty PPR IDP

Record: 2-2

who has been helping me: McCaffrey, Mack, Lamar, Ty Lockett 

who has been hurting me: TE’s, Hopkins, Sammy Watkins 

Analysis: I’ve been super aggressive in trades and think I’ve built a strong team. My 2 losses have been very small margins. I feel like I’m a title contender

Team 2:

type: 12 team Redraft PPR

record: 2-2

who has been helping me: McCaffrey, Cook, Dissly, Brissett, Kittle

who has been hurting me: Antonio Brown (ugh), Andrew Luck (literally retired days after I drafted him), injuries!, Mike Williams, Josh Gordon

analysis: My strong RB’s and TE’s will likely lead me to the playoffs. Injuries and underwhelming performances at WR will likely be my downfall 

Team 3:

Type: 12 team PPR Redraft

Record: 3-1

who has helped me: McCaffrey, Russell Wilson, Darren Waller

who has hurt me: Mixon, Thielen, Michel 

Analysis: I just bought low on OBJ and I have taken advantage of panicky owners and have stashed AJ Green, Damien Williams, Matt Brieda all who were dropped in my league. I should have stashed enough depth to be a title contender.

Team 4:

type: 10 Team .5 PPR IDP Dynasty

record: 2-2

who has helped me: Kamara, David Johnson, Tyler Lockett, Kupp, Wentz 

who has hurt me: Gurley, Hunter Henry, injuries to my flex players 

analysis: The fact that I managed to get my hands on the trio of DJ, Kamara and Gurley and Lockett and Kupp are reliable WR’s means I think I’ll be in the mix all season.

team 5:

20 team PPR redraft

Record: 4-0

who has helped me: Ekeler, Kelce, Damarcus Robinson, John Brown

who has hurt me: Cam, Tevin Coleman, JuJu

analysis: this team is a house of cards. I expect my good fortune to come tumbling down any week now. Eckler and Robinson are about to lose their value and my team will be shot