Fantasy Progress Thread

BayRaider

I feel like I'm finally having one of those fantasy seasons where just nothing goes right. I've never had one before, tbh. At least, not in my money leagues. Like everything has gone horrifically wrong right from the start, and then to make matters worse, my timing has been off all year. Injuries, bad timing....oh, and I'm just getting scorched by opponents in a vastly unlucky way. Like yesterday, the guy I played literally scored a touchdown from every skill position player, including multiple players with multiple tds. How do you combat that? I mean, he plays Cole Beasley, who has 2 catches, but of course one is a touchdown that rescues his day from being a disaster lol. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like I'm finally having one of those fantasy seasons where just nothing goes right. I've never had one before, tbh. At least, not in my money leagues. Like everything has gone horrifically wrong right from the start, and then to make matters worse, my timing has been off all year. Injuries, bad timing....oh, and I'm just getting scorched by opponents in a vastly unlucky way. Like yesterday, the guy I played literally scored a touchdown from every skill position player, including multiple players with multiple tds. How do you combat that? I mean, he plays Cole Beasley, who has 2 catches, but of course one is a touchdown that rescues his day from being a disaster lol. 

It happens lol. Derrick Henry had two carries in the first half but ended the game with 15+ touches and 2 tds which equaled about 30 points, I played against him.

I have A rob and he drew the Eagles, top three in terms of WR-fantasy matchup but he got trubiskyed. If he had gotten 12-15 I would of won this week.

33 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

It happens lol. Derrick Henry had two carries in the first half but ended the game with 15+ touches and 2 tds which equaled about 30 points, I played against him.

I have A rob and he drew the Eagles, top three in terms of WR-fantasy matchup but he got trubiskyed. If he had gotten 12-15 I would of won this week.

I played against Henry too LOL. One catch, of course it's a 23 yard touchdown. Just crap like that. I managed to play CMC on his two biggest weeks of the year (including yesterday). Mike Evans torched me, Marvin Jones had one of his big games, etc etc. 

Just a nightmare of a season. Will be grateful when it's over. I traded for David Johnson earlier in the season after injuries hit me, even picked up his handcuff in Chase...and then both get hurt lol. I've had 4 people get hurt in game. Just blah. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I played against Henry too LOL. One catch, of course it's a 23 yard touchdown. Just crap like that. I managed to play CMC on his two biggest weeks of the year (including yesterday). Mike Evans torched me, Marvin Jones had one of his big games, etc etc. 

Just a nightmare of a season. Will be grateful when it's over. I traded for David Johnson earlier in the season after injuries hit me, even picked up his handcuff in Chase...and then both get hurt lol. I've had 4 people get hurt in game. Just blah. 

I was in the car listening to the game when Henry caught that TD..here I was thinking yeah no way they throw it here to him and it happened.

Up to 6-3 and finished top scorer in my league again - I'm 2nd in the standings but have scored the most points in the league and am playing the 1st place 7-2 team this week, so if I can get a win this week I'll move into 1st place. Things have generally been trending up with my team, especially with AJ Green actually getting back on to the football field. Biggest concerns I have right now are the health of James Conner given I don't have Jaylen Samuels, George Kittle's status for this week given he's in the Monday Night game and I don't want to drop anyone to pick up a 2nd TE. On a lower level also somewhat ruing the fact that I took Saquon #1 over CMC given how disastrous the Giants look, but I suppose there's always going to be things like that you can go back to with the draft.

Waiver moves this week was dropping Stafford - who I was streaming at QB last week over Lamar - for the Ravens defense so that I can pair them with the Bills and play matchups week to week moving forward, and dropping Gallup now that AJ Green is healthy to pick up Derrius Guice as a lottery stash/RB depth, though I may end up having to start him in 2 weeks on Saquon's bye if Conner still isn't healthy. 

Current team:

QB: Lamar Jackson

RB: Saquon, Conner, Josh Jacobs, Jamaal Williams, Guice

WR: Mike Evans, Kenny Golladay, Tyreek Hill, AJ Green

TE: George Kittle

D/ST: Ravens, Bills

K: Butker 

Everyone is pretty closely bunched up in our league - 6 of the 10 teams are 4-5 or 5-4 so even though I"m 6-3 playoffs I haven't exactly nailed down a playoff spot or anything - but I definitely feel like I can be happy about where my team is at the moment. All things considered I probably should have a win or 2 more but compared to the 1st place team I've played a much tougher schedule and haven't really caught any breaks in terms of winning on an off or even average week. 

Bottom really dropped out on my team, and man, it is bleak. 2 games out on a playoff spot, so not out of it yet. Due to injures + Byes this my lineup im throwing out this week...

For a bit of context:

12 Teams ; 2 FLEX ; 6 bench spots

My first year in a 4 player keeper league

QB Kurt Cousins

WR 1 Allen Robinson (Trublanksy)

WR2 AJ Brown (LOL)

RB1 Jaylen Samuels (BRUH)

RB2 Ty Johnson (FADE ME)

TE Travis Kelce

Flex1 Michael Gallup (SCRUB)

Flex2 Kalan Ballage (I WANT TO DIE)

I await my F's

The wavier wire is trash too. Ballage and Grant were the two highest projected. 

• Like 1

I’m 5-4 and have to win out. It’s a short season in this league with only 12 games. Playoffs start Week 13. Week 13-14 is playoffs and 15-16 the league winner gets a shot at 250k where all the league winners go head to head. 

I’m 5-4 and will need to finish 8-4 IMO to get into the four team playoff. 

So far I’m off to a really good start with Melvin Gordon and Hunter Henry. 

5-5 after this week unless the SF def has some historic night for me.

It has been quite a season for me but its funny that at the same point last year, I was 5-5 but both teams aren't even remotely close in terms of talent. I def. like the team I have this year compared to last year but some bad breaks. Week 4 - I debated on dropping Maher for Gay or Lambo and Mcdougald for Peppers. If I did that, I win(would be going 6-4). Then last week, I knew I need a W bad as the week 10 byes would be killing. I was 19 seconds away from a W before the Dallas def td. It would really suck if my season is defined by that MNF game.

Now this week I go up against another 5-5 team. It will be my Brees, Edelman, Sanu(he was dropped and no one claimed him), A rob, Chubb, Bell and Waller vs his Wentz, Godwin and duo of CMC and Cook. I think OVERALL I have the better team but his two headed monster can put up points.

I still think I am alive for a playoff spot with a loss but I would have to win out.

#Ihatefantasy

• Like 1

So i got a warning in my Email that I had some money in my Draft Kings account, $1 left over from years ago,  and that if I didn't use it that it would be turned over to some government agency about abandoned money.  I joined one of those $1 weekly salary leagues, won $2.  Used $1 of my now $2 again this past week, and won $3.  So I'm not sitting at $4 and all I'm doing is sorting by their average fantasy points high to low and looking for the ones with the best AFP:Cost ratios with good match-ups.

Up to 7-3 now and 1st place based on points scored after finishing top scorer in my league again (3rd straight week, 5th time overall). Just been on an unbelievable hot streak and I'm just hoping I can sustain this sort of success for another month and a half and not fizzle out. This time I was powered by Lamar/Tyreek/Jacobs/the Ravens defense, allowing me to overcomeGesicki doing nothing as my Kittle replacement and whatever the hell happened to Saquon. Have spent virtually the entire season searching for a dependable D/ST having missed out on the Pats and Steelers so I'm cautiously optimistic things stay good with the Ravens, though I'm gonna bench them for Buffalo this week. 

Getting Conner back this week by the sounds of it and I hope Kittle gets healthy by next Sunday because I really don't want to have to dip into the TE streaming pool again. Also really need the Giants to use their bye week to figure out how to use Saquon. Only other big-ish thing that's annoying me is the AJ Green situation, I've held him all year despite not having an IR slot in my league and managed but the uncertainty with his status the past week while he clogs my bench has been frustrating and has limited my ability to try and trade any of my other WR's because I don't know what my depth really looks like. If they're gonna shut him down fine but I just hope they actually go through with it ASAP. 

4 Team Keeper league, just traded Hilton + Wentz for Singetary and Damien Williams. The other team is 3rd and Wentz and Hilton are upgrades at their current position with good playoff match ups. I get two potential RB keepers (Singletary = 10th Round, D Williams = 12th Round) for 2020. I gave up a little 2019 value, but RB situation was ghastly. I was about to start J. Samuels + Michel. Missed out on Brian Hill by 5 FAAB dollars. 

Might get some heat for helping the defending champion get a lot better, but I don't care. Its about me and mines.