Fantasy Progress Thread

BayRaider

Standard scoring league, no one (like literally NO ONE) on my team scored a TD this week... and I'm still a 99%-favorite to win my matchup against the #1 team in the league who has only lost once this season because his team also didn't show up.  This (hopeful) win should clinch a playoff berth for me in my money league.

Jordan Wilkins coming back scared me off of picking up/starting Jonathan Williams Thursday night, and then I talked myself way too much into the boom potential of Guice going against the Lions... thanks to that piece of genius I'm in a tight situation tonight, leading by 4 with my Lamar and Ravens defense vs. his Gurley and Mark Andrews. Need things to break my way tonight to seal a playoff spot, a loss here and all of a sudden things could get messy for me in the last 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

Lamar and the Ravens D both showed up big for me last night and I got to 8-4. Tied for 2nd place but essentially assured a playoff spot now given I'm the highest scorer and I'd have to lose about 300 points in ground over the next 2 weeks to lose points scored tiebreaks at 8-6.

Still not feeling great about my team - basically everyone that wasn't Lamar and Kittle was crap for me this week, so I'm gonna try and make some waiver moves this week. Trying to get Will Fuller for a couple of bucks to potentially replace Kenny Golladay as my FLEX now that Golladay has started fading into fantasy irrelevance without Stafford. Also trying to get one of Jonathan Williams or Benny Snell - I"m the Mack and Conner owner so this one feels pretty urgent.  

34 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Lamar and the Ravens D both showed up big for me last night and I got to 8-4. Tied for 2nd place but essentially assured a playoff spot now given I'm the highest scorer and I'd have to lose about 300 points in ground over the next 2 weeks to lose points scored tiebreaks at 8-6.

Still not feeling great about my team - basically everyone that wasn't Lamar and Kittle was crap for me this week, so I'm gonna try and make some waiver moves this week. Trying to get Will Fuller for a couple of bucks to potentially replace Kenny Golladay as my FLEX now that Golladay has started fading into fantasy irrelevance without Stafford. Also trying to get one of Jonathan Williams or Benny Snell - I"m the Mack and Conner owner so this one feels pretty urgent.  

Lamar and the Ravens defense (and my 3 WR's) are carrying me in my Keeper league, thanks to scoring format (Julio hasn't caught a TD since Week 2 and he's still the #9 WR in this format and he's my WR3/Flex), where my RB's are dumpster fires.  The problem for me is that 1/3 of the teams in this league gave up halfway through the season, so even though I've been putting up monster wins (had a 100 point margin of victory this week), I don't manage to move up in the standings (currently tied for 5th; Top 6 make playoffs) because the guys above me are beating up on minnows.

I'm in a similar boat where I'm probably blowing a buttload of FAAB on Snell  because I'm the Conner owner; with his schedule, I can ride Phillip Lindsay in a PPR format as my other RB rest of season.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The LBC said:

Lamar and the Ravens defense (and my 3 WR's) are carrying me in my Keeper league, thanks to scoring format (Julio hasn't caught a TD since Week 2 and he's still the #9 WR in this format and he's my WR3/Flex), where my RB's are dumpster fires.  The problem for me is that 1/3 of the teams in this league gave up halfway through the season, so even though I've been putting up monster wins (had a 100 point margin of victory this week), I don't manage to move up in the standings (currently tied for 5th; Top 6 make playoffs) because the guys above me are beating up on minnows.

I'm in a similar boat where I'm probably blowing a buttload of FAAB on Snell  because I'm the Conner owner; with his schedule, I can ride Phillip Lindsay in a PPR format as my other RB rest of season.

You rolling with the Ravens defense this week? Since I've already locked up a playoff spot I'm fine starting them rather than trying to roster 2 D/ST"s, but if I was in a must-win position I'd be a little nervous about this Niners matchup.

On my end, won both my Fuller and Williams bids, so I feel like my team is pretty close to being whole now going into the final stretch, though I always end up tinkering week to week. Williams holds me over till Mack gets back and Fuller's playoff schedule looks juicy AF.

Hard to believe I've basically made the playoffs down one bench spot all year because of the bum AJ Green, but at this point I just can't quit him knowing he has that Miami Week 15 matchup if he hasn't been IR'd yet. Even if I'm not starting him, I don't want him to end up on my opponent's roster. The move back to Dalton was a weird one too and makes me think maybe there's still like a 10-20% chance we see AJ back.

Full roster (0.5 ppr, 10 team) - currently 8-4, 2nd place and 1 game back, but top points scorer in the league right now:

QB: Lamar Jackson

RB: Saquon Barkley, Josh Jacobs, Jonathan Williams, Marlon Mack, James Conner

WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Will Fuller, Kenny Golladay, AJ Green (lol)

TE: George Kittle

D/ST: Ravens

K: Harrison Butker 

Sometimes I think about how completely unstoppable this team would have been if I had just taken CMC 1st overall instead of Saquon and it makes me want to throw things. 

2 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

You rolling with the Ravens defense this week? Since I've already locked up a playoff spot I'm fine starting them rather than trying to roster 2 D/ST"s, but if I was in a must-win position I'd be a little nervous about this Niners matchup.

On my end, won both my Fuller and Williams bids, so I feel like my team is pretty close to being whole now going into the final stretch, though I always end up tinkering week to week. Williams holds me over till Mack gets back and Fuller's playoff schedule looks juicy AF.

Hard to believe I've basically made the playoffs down one bench spot all year because of the bum AJ Green, but at this point I just can't quit him knowing he has that Miami Week 15 matchup if he hasn't been IR'd yet. Even if I'm not starting him, I don't want him to end up on my opponent's roster. The move back to Dalton was a weird one too and makes me think maybe there's still like a 10-20% chance we see AJ back.

Full roster (0.5 ppr, 10 team) - currently 8-4, 2nd place and 1 game back, but top points scorer in the league right now:

RB: Saquon Barkley, Josh Jacobs, Jonathan Williams, Marlon Mack, James Conner

WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Will Fuller, Kenny Golladay, AJ Green (lol)

TE: George Kittle

D/ST: Ravens

K: Harrison Butker 

Sometimes I think about how completely unstoppable this team would have been if I had just taken CMC 1st overall instead of Saquon and it makes me want to throw things. 

I may pickup a spare defense once ESPN officially tags Conner as out and I can slide him on the IR again, but my alternate defense options are ho-hum (Jets, Browns, Packers) and the last time I pivoted away from the Ravens defense to start someone else in place of them because of a less-than-ideal matchup Houston game.  I'll probably ride with them and pick up a high-value handcuff, just in case an injury happens over the weekend.

My Snell bid went through (fortunately I still had $94 in FAAB budget, so I burned a $55 bid to get him).

Roster currently looks like

RB: Benny Snell
RB: Phillip Lindsay
WR: Michael Thomas
WR: Chris Godwin
TE: Ryan Griffin
FLEX: Julio Jones
DEF: Baltimore
K: Justin Tucker

BN: James Conner (IR)
BN: LeSean McCoy
BN: Nyheim Hines (Basically I don't feel like burning the FAAB to replace him right now given the options compared to who might actually see playing time)

0.5pt PPR, 4-point passing TD's, 6-point rushing TD's, 1pt per 10 yards rush/rec, 1pt per 25 yards passing.

Thanksgiving wasn't particularly sweet for me. My opponent didn't get too much from Scarborough and Gallup which was nice but Zeke only getting 12 carries when the game really wasnt over until the 4th hurt. He still got me 13 points but being that he was my #1 player and Julio ruled out, I really needed 20+ points especially since he has L-Jax

My money league team has massively been performing below expectations, but I'm in the playoffs with #6 seed and 3rd in points scored.
I think I've set up the team for the final 3 weeks. 0.5 PPR

Woods (v SEA) over Ridley (v CAR) & Lockett (@ LAR) & Pascal (@ TB)
M Gordon (@ JAX) and Barkley (@ PHI) over Jacobs (v TEN)
Green Bay DEF (v WAS) over New England DEF (v KC)

Thoughts on these potential decisions?

After the Bears/Lions game, I was feeling good. I had ARob who scored 22. It went from good to better when Julio sat out, I was playing against him. Then the Saints offense laid an egg. I only got 24 points from Brees, was projected for 40(Thanks yahoo). However, I manage to pull off a win(99.9 percent sure) unless Josh Gordon wants to be legendary and score 70 points tonight. If it all works out, I will sneak into the playoffs as the 6th seed.

Edited by NcFinest9erFan

On 11/27/2019 at 10:25 AM, The LBC said:

I may pickup a spare defense once ESPN officially tags Conner as out and I can slide him on the IR again, but my alternate defense options are ho-hum (Jets, Browns, Packers) and the last time I pivoted away from the Ravens defense to start someone else in place of them because of a less-than-ideal matchup Houston game.  I'll probably ride with them and pick up a high-value handcuff, just in case an injury happens over the weekend.

My Snell bid went through (fortunately I still had $94 in FAAB budget, so I burned a $55 bid to get him).

Roster currently looks like

RB: Benny Snell
RB: Phillip Lindsay
WR: Michael Thomas
WR: Chris Godwin
TE: Ryan Griffin
FLEX: Julio Jones
DEF: Baltimore
K: Justin Tucker

BN: James Conner (IR)
BN: LeSean McCoy
BN: Nyheim Hines (Basically I don't feel like burning the FAAB to replace him right now given the options compared to who might actually see playing time)

0.5pt PPR, 4-point passing TD's, 6-point rushing TD's, 1pt per 10 yards rush/rec, 1pt per 25 yards passing.

And this roster was knocked out of playoff contention on the last day, thanks to underperformance from Thomas and Godwin, Julio missing and my (after picking up Sterling Shepherd and Dede Westbrook from waivers late in the week as Julio insurance) getting talked into the bad weather narrative in the Giants/Packers and TB/Jax game to pivot to Shady (wasn't terrible as he scored, but then Lindsay was underutilized).

Such is life.  Still in it in my big buy-in league (4th seed secured) and after the week he was coming off, I still made the nuts start of Wentz (who, along with Pittsburgh's defense were my biggest scorers since I left Singletary and Marvin Jones on the bench for Jonathan Williams and Brandon Cooks).  Dropped Williams and, to my surprise, Joe Mixon was in the free agent pool.  Mixon's underachieved for sure (and there's no way in hell I'll start him against NE in 2 weeks), but as my RB4, I'll take that value all day.  Also swapped out Matt Ryan (underperforming and terrible playoff schedule) for Ryan Fitzpatrick (not that I need him, but his matchups are amazing and I want to keep him out of play for others in the PO's).

Just gotta sort out my kicker situation since Joey Slye is just too inconsistent (as is Carolina) to be depended on in the playoffs where I need floor from my kicker, not ceiling.  Honestly, probably going to pick up Butker (who I feel like shouldn't be sitting out there).

• Like 1

Turned out I had a slim chance to still make playoffs in my Dynasty league, just needed two other teams to lose and I'd sneak in on cumulative point total.  One of them had Lockett, the other had DK.  The DK fumble had me safe and then that last DK catch put one of them into a win... by 0.5 points...

FML

Did manage to snag Mattison off the FA pool right after the Cook injury though in my money league where I still made playoffs.  Sounds like the injury is the same one that John Conner has, where Conner tried to play with it and ended up getting knocked out of the first Cleveland game on the first series.  So this is more of a stash for a stud, in case Cook does manage to aggravate it again, since he said in the postgame presser he plans to play next week.

On 10/3/2019 at 3:28 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

4-0, mostly on the strength of my defense lol (not the position, we don't even play a defense in the lg, but I have by far the least points scored against in the league).

went from by far the least points against to finishing w/ the 1st most points against, so I got lit up the last 9 weeks. finished 6th in points scored

finished 7-6 and made the playoffs because both of the teams that I needed to lose lost last week

my team is ravished tho. both my top rbs are backups now, DJ and Chubb (Chubb got outsnapped last week tho still getting more opportunities)

hilton is prob out for the playoffs, aj never came back, kittle has a broken whatever and caught like one pass last week, kyler had his worst game of the year, damien williams is hurt and is not that good at football, etc.