Fantasy Progress Thread

BayRaider

I'm not sure if any of you has an owner with the luck of this guy in my league but here me out.

He's 9-4 and is the #1 seed. His team averages 175/game compare to me the 2nd highest scoring team/6th seed averaging 195/game. 

6 out of 9 wins have been decided on MNF where one of the following has happened:

His team shows up, the other team doesn't.

His team is done for the week, the other team has a few guys left and they fail to cover.

A combination of one of the above and stat corrections. 

This past week, he was down 152-133. The team he was playing had Lockett. You would think that Lockett would of scored 10 but he scored zero, this owner also had watkins so he had TWO goose eggs. HIS team had Wagner and Jason Myers, they combined for 23 and he wins. This is getting out of hand. However, If i win this week I get to play him next week.

Well I did it. I finally did it. I dropped AJ Green. Picked up Alexander Mattison as a speculative add with the possibility that Dalvin Cook re-injures himself or the shoulder issue is more than a 1 week issue. My RB's have been killing me as of late so the small chance of Mattison ending up as a playoff run RB1 feels like a worthwhile dart throw. 

Now I'll just have to live in fear of AJ being activated for that Miami Week 16 game only and me having to run into that in a potential championship game. 

One regular season left for me but playoffs already locked at 8-5. Here's where my team is at now:

QB: Lamar Jackson

RB: Saquon, Josh Jacobs, Marlon Mack, James Conner, Bennie Snell, Alex Mattison

WR: Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller

TE: George Kittle

D/ST: Ravens

K: Butker

16 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Well I did it. I finally did it. I dropped AJ Green. Picked up Alexander Mattison as a speculative add with the possibility that Dalvin Cook re-injures himself or the shoulder issue is more than a 1 week issue. My RB's have been killing me as of late so the small chance of Mattison ending up as a playoff run RB1 feels like a worthwhile dart throw. 

Now I'll just have to live in fear of AJ being activated for that Miami Week 16 game only and me having to run into that in a potential championship game. 

One regular season left for me but playoffs already locked at 8-5. Here's where my team is at now:

I mean if AJ Green does play for some reason, how in shape will he be anyways.  Also you seriously think the championship game will be played by vs a team that picks up AJ Green in a desperation move?  Think your biggest issue is do you bench Saquon or not.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, waterfish_21 said:

I mean if AJ Green does play for some reason, how in shape will he be anyways.  Also you seriously think the championship game will be played by vs a team that picks up AJ Green in a desperation move?  Think your biggest issue is do you bench Saquon or not.

No way bench Saquon, especially if your in a half or full PPR league.
Eli gonna dump that ball off to Saquon like 8 times off tackel hopefully.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 12:40 PM, BaltimoreTerp said:

Cook's injury is almost identical to James Conner's and Conner, when he went to "play through it" against Cleveland (first game against Cleveland where Garrett mistook himself for Bam Bam Rubble) he reinjured himself and went out on the first series of the game.  I picked up Mattison speculatively too, but I'm not starting him this week because my other options are safe enough to not need to risk it.

15 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

No way bench Saquon, especially if your in a half or full PPR league.
Eli gonna dump that ball off to Saquon like 8 times off tackel hopefully.

Yeah.  I don't expect Saquon to do much with his touches, but in a PPR format he should mop up on at least getting you points from his targets.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The LBC said:

Cook's injury is almost identical to James Conner's and Conner, when he went to "play through it" against Cleveland (first game against Cleveland where Garrett mistook himself for Bam Bam Rubble) he reinjured himself and went out on the first series of the game.  I picked up Mattison speculatively too, but I'm not starting him this week because my other options are safe enough to not need to risk it.

The #1 team on paper in my league owns Cook but couldn't land Mattison.  The team that owns Mattision OVERVALUED him and wouldn't trade him for anything so Mattison was on his bench all year long. Now if Cook is out for a few weeks then that will def swing things in my league.

8 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

If you have EE you gotta be happen with last night, even though he did barely any yardage in the 2nd half.
If you have Cooper, damn you got lucky.. but you'll take it.

I'm playing against Gallup. I have A rob. Here am I thinking I am off to a good start, I fell asleep, woke up and saw that Gallup shined during garbage time...

Just typical of my luck this season:

I was favored by 86% coming out of Thursday night.  I'm not favored 70%... to LOSE.

He has Minny's defense which, of course, only lets up one score... to Kenny Golladay who is on his team.

He has Jimmy G and Kittle... and of course the Saints defense decides to not show up at home.

I have Mike Evans, he finally scores... and tears his hamstring on the play.  And then the Bucs go on to score 3 more TD's through the air with Evans out.

I'm not dead, but I need Pittsburgh's defense to get a least one TD and Wentz to throw for 3+ to pull this out by the thinnest of margins.  Dude literally outproduced his projected outlay by more than 20 points in a non-PPR league.

Edit: Forgot to mention, he has AJ Brown too (Thanks for sucking, Raiders).  I'm projected to outscore every other team in the playoffs right now and I'm 91% to lose because he's projected to literally double his start-of-week projected score.

On to the next round. Behind the play from the likes of Pascal, Powell, and Emman Sanders!

My opponent played Brady over Brees but I still would have won I believe. He got like 5 pts from his RBs (Darwin and Sony). He also left AJ Brown on his bench but that was understandable.

I started Brees and thought I had the game in the bag by the end of the 1 pm games but my opponent got 23 points from Pittsburgh def. He also had Kelce who scored on a QB keeper. really?! I had Edelman and was really conflicted at the end. I wanted a TD from him but at the same time that could of given Kelce more opportunities. 

So here we are on to MNF. I am down 12 with Alshon Jeffery and Jake Elliott. He still has Malcolm Jenkins.

I think worst case, Jenkins gives him 5. I'll need 30 or so together from my two guys to advance to next week.

I would be playing the #1 seed but his team is terrible! I really think I can make it to the finals if I win tonight.

Our playoffs don't start till next week - I'll enter at 9-5 as the 2 seed having scored the most points in the regular season. Don't think I stand much of a chance at winning though, it sort of feels like my team has slowly died off over the past month or so.

This weekend was particularly brutal, lost Mike Evans and likely Josh Jacobs as well. Still don't feel great about Kenny Golladay given the QB situation even if he's putting up decent fantasy numbers the past 2 weeks but I'm going to have no choice but to start him and watch him score 4 points in the semis. Doesn't look like Conner is going to be back and usable ROS and yesterday proved that Snell or anyone else in that backfield can't be trusted. I picked up Will Fuller as depth/insurance at WR for basically this scenario but now he's injured again too. 

Likely going to need to swing for the fences on a waiver WR next week - thinking I'll go for either AJ Brown or Deebo Samuel and see what happens. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp