Fantasy Progress Thread

BayRaider

This goes down as one of the most painful fantasy finishes for me...My fantasy career has had some BRUTAL fantasy moments, with a few satisfying ones as well...

1. Missed the  playoffs back in like 2012 on a missed extra point.

2. Won a playoff game by 3 points but then a few days later my opponent got a +4 stat correction and ended up winning by 1. 

3. Won a fantasy football championship on a last play of the game fumble. The -2 points by the WR gave me the win by less than 2 points. 

4. Tonight 

I think I learned a valuable lesson about fantasy:

Keep your guys and always play them, regardless of schedule. Got a stud who has been underperforming? Ride with him, he'll eventually come out of the slump. Maybe your guys give you some eggs and you get blown out, but they'll explode other weeks and win you your matchups. Fantasy football is about being smart enough to be dumb.

Edited by Nozizaki
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

Keep your guys and always play them, regardless of schedule. Got a stud who has been underperforming? Ride with him, he'll eventually come out of the slump. Maybe your guys give you some eggs and you get blown out, but they'll explode other weeks and win you your matchups. Fantasy football is about being smart enough to be dumb.

I tried that this week.... Continued to ride Lockett, and it cost me my playoff Matchup, it was top 2 scoring teams in the Matchup so that didn't help.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 10:35 AM, Nozizaki said:

I think it depends really. If you're talking about a boom or bust guy like Mike Evans (RIP), then I think you sort of just have to ride it out and take the dud weeks with the boom ones, because you're never gonna get it right trying to guess correctly on which weeks he's gonna go off. But part of fantasy is also about recognizing when it's time to cut your losses with a supposed 'stud' and not just keep riding them pretending they're better than they are. I won my league last year because I woke up the morning of the championship and picked up Robby Anderson on waivers to play over David Johnson. You live in fear of those guys blowing up on your bench but when it comes playoff time the 8-10 points they're giving you are more likely not enough either. 

That said, I'm starting Saquon in the semis this weekend even though he's been butt all year because I'm letting myself believe that the plus matchup can be a real slump-buster. Definitely feels like one of those auto-start decisions that could backfire. 

Need to vent lol I am by far the most involved owner. this year and last i finished 12-2 and by far had the most points (this year over 250 than the next). both years i get bounced in the first round. so damn frustrating. this is my main league and i just can't win in the playoffs minus one year. don't get it. our league has been going for 7 years, been to the playoffs every year but one, finals 4 times and am 1-3. i just don't get it. just a waste of time every year for me to put all this work in and get bounced. ugh. rant over lol

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SimsZilla said:

Need to vent lol I am by far the most involved owner. this year and last i finished 12-2 and by far had the most points (this year over 250 than the next). both years i get bounced in the first round. so damn frustrating. this is my main league and i just can't win in the playoffs minus one year. don't get it. our league has been going for 7 years, been to the playoffs every year but one, finals 4 times and am 1-3. i just don't get it. just a waste of time every year for me to put all this work in and get bounced. ugh. rant over lol

Fantasy is 25% skill and 75% just plain dumb luck. The more you accept that fact, the better off you'll be.....lol