Week 5: NY Jets vs Philadephia Eagles

Bobby816

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Philly is the worst secondary in the nfl I believe. And I’d bet a lot that we don’t score at all or only 1 passing TD in this game. Which is awful

Sad. You look at their secondary and start to imagine what could be. And then reality hits...Luke Faulk can’t throw the ball 10 yards in the air. 

This is going to be another **** show. Crowder may have a good game. But, in general, I can’t see us not struggling to move the ball.

Everyone making Gase out to be an idiot because he practiced Sam with the ones all week. I am not one of them. Firstly, lets consider the odds: Sam's spleen was about 5% bigger than normal on Monday. As Sam famously stated, his spleen was "going to do what it's going to do." Unfortunately, it didn't return to it's normal size. Now I don't know why they did the test on Thursday night instead of Friday morning, or even Saturday for that matter - especially considering that he was already intergraded into the gameplan - but my sense is this was a decision taken out of Gase's hands. Let's be real: Sam just returned to practice and has barely conditioned, lifted weights, etc. Even with a low risk for an injury, he's the biggest asset for a billion dollar company; I don't think management/ownership wanted to rush him back. Second, let's not forget that Sam is only 22 years old and the second youngest starting QB in the NFL. He's learning a new offense. In my mind, he needs all the reps he can get regardless whether or not he's playing. Entering 2019, we all said this was expected to be a growth year, and that Sam's development was paramount. Every rep counts, especially in a season that already looks lost. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Everyone making Gase out to be an idiot because he practiced Sam with the ones all week. I am not one of them. Firstly, lets consider the odds: Sam's spleen was about 5% bigger than normal on Monday. As Sam famously stated, his spleen was "going to do what it's going to do." Unfortunately, it didn't return to it's normal size. Now I don't know why they did the test on Thursday night instead of Friday morning, or even Saturday for that matter - especially considering that he was already intergraded into the gameplan - but my sense is this was a decision taken out of Gase's hands. Let's be real: Sam just returned to practice and has barely conditioned, lifted weights, etc. Even with a low risk for an injury, he's the biggest asset for a billion dollar company; I don't think management/ownership wanted to rush him back. Second, let's not forget that Sam is only 22 years old and the second youngest starting QB in the NFL. He's learning a new offense. In my mind, he needs all the reps he can get regardless whether or not he's playing. Entering 2019, we all said this was expected to be a growth year, and that Sam's development was paramount. Every rep counts, especially in a season that already looks lost. 

+1. Fans are always saying this season is about Sam. Yet they’re now complaining he got practice reps. Smh. Luke Faulk isn’t winning the game with or without practice. 

I’m glad to here Gase is shaking things up along the OL. We’ll get a chance to see Edoga and Lewis. If Khalil keeps up the bad play, he should have Harrison start at center.

We have almost no chance of making the playoffs. Focus on Sam and seeing what you have in players like Harrison, Lewis, Edoga, etc. JD should be shopping guys that he thinks won’t be on the team next year.

Edited by SDotNova

5 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

I agree. I don’t think trying to play Darnold was wrong at all. Physically he’s fine. It’s his spleen that has to shrink. It didn’t so we move on to next week. Honestly I care very little about our games without him at QB is the only thing. Kinda bc of what you mentioned. This was a year to grow and to not have the hopeful franchise QB playing, makes it hard to see things progress. Offense does nothing (we don’t have really any youth on offense to get excited about). So the defense is on the field all game... so you can’t rate, grade and judge them properly.

Eagles have like 3 sacks and a putrid secondary. No excuse for these guys not perform well. I’m not even saying win but at least move the ball and be in position to score. 

Don’t wanna hear nothing about Gase because film has shown he’s been calling some good stuff and these guys ain’t executing. 

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Eagles have like 3 sacks and a putrid secondary. No excuse for these guys not perform well. I’m not even saying win but at least move the ball and be in position to score. 

Don’t wanna hear nothing about Gase because film has shown he’s been calling some good stuff and these guys ain’t executing. 

No argument from me, I agree. 

• Like 1

I guess I see things differently. 

1. Sam has been out all season. He played week 1 when he had mono. The guy was not himself. Most teams when they lose their starting QB play bad. 

2. You lose pick 3 Q. Williams. The guy is a beast and will show it soon but has been injured.

When you look at these 2 things then you add we played the best 2 D in the league in our first 3 games no one should expect a win out of those games. 

I think Falk will have some success with today with a very weak secondary. Bell should run all over these guys as Falk opens up the run game with his passes. I putting money on the jets +14 today. 

32 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I guess I see things differently. 

1. Sam has been out all season. He played week 1 when he had mono. The guy was not himself. Most teams when they lose their starting QB play bad. 

2. You lose pick 3 Q. Williams. The guy is a beast and will show it soon but has been injured.

When you look at these 2 things then you add we played the best 2 D in the league in our first 3 games no one should expect a win out of those games. 

I think Falk will have some success with today with a very weak secondary. Bell should run all over these guys as Falk opens up the run game with his passes. I putting money on the jets +14 today. 

You’re saying Q is a beast based on how he was for a season in college. He has to do something in the nfl to be called a beast

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Although I don’t believe Shell was the problem, I’m excited to see Edoga in the lineup. He and Williams are the two guys I’m looking forward to watching today

SHell is mediocre. Edoga has more upside so I am glad hes getting a shot to see if we have a future starter with him, if he can become a quality starter one less spot on the line to address this offseason. 

3 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

SHell is mediocre. Edoga has more upside so I am glad hes getting a shot to see if we have a future starter with him, if he can become a quality starter one less spot on the line to address this offseason. 

Shell isnt mediocre. Hes bad. Not signing a center in the offseason was a colossal screw up by our ex-GM who really set this franchise back. If Douglas builds this line we can at least be competitive.