Week 5: NY Jets vs Philadephia Eagles

Bobby816

I also still stand by my prediction that Miami will absolutely be in the playoffs again before we are. Our situation really is a dumpster fire. Free agency isn’t going to cut it. The drafting is pivotal and we’ve probably been the worst team in football doing so over the past decade. Even when we’ve been gifted guys falling we still have failed to put them in positions to thrive. I really think we need to start fresh next year with Douglas and a completely new coaching staff again. Especially if we are losing games in the second half and are healthy. It’s just time to rid this team of the stink that has lingered for a very long time. Not against trading LeVeon Bell either. We are wasting him. We have to rebuild correctly. How many years can we go 4-12? 

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

I also still stand by my prediction that Miami will absolutely be in the playoffs again before we are. Our situation really is a dumpster fire. Free agency isn’t going to cut it. The drafting is pivotal and we’ve probably been the worst team in football doing so over the past decade. Even when we’ve been gifted guys falling we still have failed to put them in positions to thrive. I really think we need to start fresh next year with Douglas and a completely new coaching staff again. Especially if we are losing games in the second half and are healthy. It’s just time to rid this team of the stink that has lingered for a very long time. Not against trading LeVeon Bell either. We are wasting him. We have to rebuild correctly. How many years can we go 4-12? 

I said the same thing about the Browns/Jets 2 years ago and everyone laughed.. lol It’s going to happen again. We are in the worst situation in the entire league potentially.  

Underachieving/overpaid players, a HC with a losing pedigree that If he didn’t go on one 6 game winning steak with the dolphins his first year wouldn’t even be in HC conversations right now. And a highly regarded yet unknown GM who obviously can’t take any blame yet but has made two awful moves (Vedvik/Kalil). Douglas and Sam are the only bright spots.I don’t have any faith in Gase or Chris Johnson. Just praying we don’t ruin Sam because it’s going to be year 4 before we get a competitive team around him.

good times 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Jets should shut down Sam till week 8. Start 0-7 or 0-8 at this point who cares. I hope we have a fire sale. This season has been a complete disaster. Just more unwatchable Jets football.

I don’t agree with this at all. I 100% think he shouldn’t play until he’s cleared. And think we shouldn’t risk him. But to say who cares? Really?

Hes a 2nd year QB and needs NFL reps. Yes record doesn’t matter. But reps do. So don’t just bench him bc our team sucks. Get him reps.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t agree with this at all. I 100% think he shouldn’t play until he’s cleared. And think we shouldn’t risk him. But to say who cares? Really?

Hes a 2nd year QB and needs NFL reps. Yes record doesn’t matter. But reps do. So don’t just bench him bc our team sucks. Get him reps.

We are trying to rush him back to health to not look miserable. This season isn’t salvageable. 8 games in the second half and 100% health and STRENGTH is plenty of reps. Kid has mono. This was always a pipe dream. He hasn’t even started lifting. Let him get back in shape. We are going to drafting very high yet again. Also he’s 22. He still has plenty of time for development. One of the benefits of drafting him. Will be the age Baker Mayfield was as a rookie next season. 

This will just be another game that we go thru the motions, waiting for the clock to run out. This is the second worst season I remember the only won that was worst is when Joe Namath, get knocked out for the year on the last pre season game, by a late cheap hit by a Lion LB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

This will just be another game that we go thru the motions, waiting for the clock to run out. This is the second worst season I remember the only won that was worst is when Joe Namath, get knocked out for the year on the last pre season game, by a late cheap hit by a Lion LB.

As bad as things have gone so far, nothing can top the misery of the 96-97 season, Kotite’s last year. 1-16 and Peyton Manning added insult to injury and stayed for his senior year. Traded out of the # 1 pick (Orlando Pace) and took James  Farrior. That’s my all time low as a Jet fan. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

As bad as things have gone so far, nothing can top the misery of the 96-97 season, Kotite’s last year. 1-16 and Peyton Manning added insult to injury and stayed for his senior year. Traded out of the # 1 pick (Orlando Pace) and took James  Farrior. That’s my all time low as a Jet fan. 

This franchise is amazing at being snake bitten.

47 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

This franchise is amazing at being snake bitten.

Very true, what makes this season so painful, is that this was going to be another learning year for Darnold. And next year he could really show us what he has. He needed all the reps he could get this year and that is not happening.