Week 5 GDT: Bucs (2-2) vs. Saints (3-1) - Trial by fire

Canadian Saint

7 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

I swear I heard Thomas say "nah, I dont think so" on that """tackle""" attempt. anyone else?

Deuce McAllister called that touchdown, if you’re listening to the home radio call

he said Thomas is too big and strong for that corner... then Thomas did THAT to the corner and deuce goes “told ya”

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

Real pleased with Davenport's development too. He looked like that right tackle's father on that sack-- that was "dad strength" if I ever saw

I hated the trade up and the pick

I was wrong 

hes developing very well

• Like 2

Stats don't matter but sucks that our defense will look worse to all the nincompoops not watching the game and just looking at the stat sheet, twice now that's happened between the Seahawks game and this one. 

Teddy looked really, really good today. That was the guy we traded the 3rd round pick for. The last couple of games he was just game managing (and doing fine at it, I might add) but today he popped off.

And I'm in agreement with everyone about Davenport. That boy strong. He beat an unblocked blitzing Klein to Winston, just by destroying his blocker that fast lol. 

• Like 2

I thought this was Davenport's statement game. He looked sluggish to start the season, but has since had consistent pressure every game (he was top 10 or close to coming into this one), but today. Ooooh boy. Someone said it, he made that RT his father. Our D-line overall, has to be close to being best in the league. 6 sacks today, and the wealth was shared.

Overall, really happy with Teddy. I reckon Payton is easing him into the offense. Every week he's getting the freedom to make more adventurous throws. He's looking better every week.

MT, bloody hell. While I think Teddy did well, I think MT carried him a bit. This dude is a straight monster, really happy he''s signed, sealed and delivered.

So since Brees went down, we've taken down 2 undefeated teams and one of the hottest teams in the league. When Brees gets back, this team is going to be a force to be reckoned with. I know there was a insta of him throwing, but honestly, just hold him out. Let him be 100% and come back after the BYE.

Lets run the bloody table.

• Like 3

Oh and a few more notes:

- I thought the O-line played excellent. Gave Teddy a nice pocket to work from. Their first complete game of the season for my money.

- Lattimore is now 2 straight weeks of shutting down opposition's top WRs. Last week it was Cooper and this week it was Evans (who normally hurts us).

- Demario Davis. Man, I can't say enough about this guy. Had something like 2-3 TFL and was just a monster the entire game.

- I'll deny this if it is bought up ever again, but PJ Williams also made 1-2 good plays.

• Like 2

I'm thrilled with this win. Specifically coming from behind, and then starting the second half so strong the Buccs couldn't regain their footing.

I'd love to make some comments about the game, and I can make some, but I was driving back from a North Dakota fishing trip for 10 hours so satellite radio was my friend.

I can say this, Zack Strief is not a good football announcer. Half the time I had no idea what was going on or who was doing what. I imagined that he was pointing at the field saying "did you see that".... Well, no, it's radio, Zack. Deuce did a fine job color commentating.

My Takes:
If our D can maintain this style of play, we're in for a treat the rest of the season. The front 7 seems to be complimenting the secondary nicely, making everyone look good, which is the way it should be.

Teddy is getting his timing with the guys he needs to, and will clearly start to develop better with the other guys. That said, I hope we can add another receiver before the trade deadline.
Teddy's comfort sure has taken the load off Kamara, which will be nice to keep him somewhat fresh, and the emergence of Latavius Murray will be very important too. So that's looking good.

And Cook finally got into some rhythm. I'm hoping this is the beginning of him finding the timing with the team, and getting settled in, comfortable, and able to turn and look for the ball.

A great win for many reasons. An all around team win.