ALDS: Rays vs Astros

Eagles27

The Astros team as currently constructed might be the best ever. 3 legitimate aces and Correa, Altuve, Springer, Alvarez, Yuli, Bregman, Brantley, Tucker, and I’m probably missing someone. If they had McCullers then the bullpen would be elite, but it’s still pretty good. If Whitley pans out eventually oh my God.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

The Astros team as currently constructed might be the best ever. 3 legitimate aces and Correa, Altuve, Springer, Alvarez, Yuli, Bregman, Brantley, Tucker, and I’m probably missing someone. If they had McCullers then the bullpen would be elite, but it’s still pretty good. If Whitley pans out eventually oh my God.

Yeah but if Whitley pans out you're "just" using him to replace Cole. Obviously a huge deal, but doesn't really add to any claim for best team ever if we even it out by losing Cole.

Now if they somehow got the money to sign Cole, McCullers comes back fully healthy, AND Whitley pans out then that would definitely help a lot. Still, the fact that I even get to consider this team as one of the GOATS is awesome.