Week 5 Non-Vikings Games

SemperFeist

1 hour ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Baker has been horrific this season.  Dude has no chill in the pocket, everytime he drops back right now I feel like something awful is going to happen

Continue to remind people that the best QB from that draft class resides in northern New York.

6 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Continue to remind people that the best QB from that draft class resides in northern New York.

I'm not sure you can take a lap on that one yet.

Jackson is pulling ahead of the class this season so far but wouldn't be surprised if by season's end, Darnold has thrown his hat in the ring as well

8 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

The guy with the 15/19 td/int ratio and the 56.3% completion percentage? 

Pretty sad draft class.

If you're only looking at those numbers, maybe. But he has 26 total touchdowns once you factor in his rushing.

He's never going to be Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. That's just not his play style. So sure, if that's what you want I guess you would prefer a guy putting up numbers a little more comparable to Brady or Rodgers.....someone like Kirk Cousins perhaps?

The start to his career is pretty comparable to that of Cam Newton when you factor in rushing. Allen's passing numbers are still lower, but I think that's due more to offensive schematics plus Allen's had a couple partial games in there.

First 16 starts:
Allen: 265-468 (56.6%), 3,122 yards, 15 TDs, 19 INTs, 38 sacks, 126 carries, 763 yards, 11 TDs
Newton: 310-517 (59.9%), 4,051 yards, 21 TDs, 17 INTs, 35 sacks, 126 carries, 706 yards, 14 TDs

Most importantly, he's 9-5 in games he started and finished. And let's not act like he's got a talented supporting cast around him on offense.

15 minutes ago, Klomp said:

If you're only looking at those numbers, maybe. But he has 26 total touchdowns once you factor in his rushing.

He's never going to be Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. That's just not his play style. So sure, if that's what you want I guess you would prefer a guy putting up numbers a little more comparable to Brady or Rodgers.....someone like Kirk Cousins perhaps?

The start to his career is pretty comparable to that of Cam Newton when you factor in rushing. Allen's passing numbers are still lower, but I think that's due more to offensive schematics plus Allen's had a couple partial games in there.

First 16 starts:
Allen: 265-468 (56.6%), 3,122 yards, 15 TDs, 19 INTs, 38 sacks, 126 carries, 763 yards, 11 TDs
Newton: 310-517 (59.9%), 4,051 yards, 21 TDs, 17 INTs, 35 sacks, 126 carries, 706 yards, 14 TDs

Most importantly, he's 9-5 in games he started and finished. And let's not act like he's got a talented supporting cast around him on offense.

That’s not really all that close. Cam was clearly better at the same point in their careers. Allen doesn’t pass the eye test either. He’s inaccurate and is still making bad decisions. He’s a bottom 1/3 QB in the NFL right now. I know you like him and are a Wyoming fan, but he’s just not that good.

And yes I would prefer my QB to be closer to Brady or Rodgers than Cam. Not sure why you felt the need to add Cousins as some sort of dig or gotcha.

• Like 1