20 Years of Dan Snyder (Hogs Haven)

TOUCAN

Dan Snyder, for all his shortcomings, will periodically do something to give Redskins fans hope. Each time the fan base responds with support, but somehow, every promise of a new and improved Dan Snyder Redskins franchise leads to a new disappointment.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/10/3/20895179/20-years-of-dan-snyders-ownership-has-completely-destroyed-the-redskins-fan-base

Don't know if anyone has read this yet. I have a guy in my branch who is a Cowboys fan and says he doesn't think I'll be a fan of the Redskins within a year. I sent him this article and he told me "I mean, I guess if you've been through all that already you may as well finish the fight."

Some people don't understand how rough it's been.

• Like 4

Honestly I’m at the end of my rope. It’s become a chore to watch the team and instead of getting mad I just laugh at their follies. The draft is only so exciting before the reality of another losing season inevitably sets in. I’m just starting to not care anymore. 

• Like 2

I actually think I actively hate this team. Between the crappy ownership / GMs, and a bunch of "Don't be a fan later" and "The fans don't show up to support us" Josh Norman types, I don't see why I should invest any energy in this team. Would be nice if we could get a few likeable players at least, right now it's just Ereck and 52 other guys.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I actually think I actively hate this team. Between the crappy ownership / GMs, and a bunch of "Don't be a fan later" and "The fans don't show up to support us" Josh Norman types, I don't see why I should invest any energy in this team. Would be nice if we could get a few likeable players at least, right now it's just Ereck and 52 other guys.

I'll never reach the point of hating this team. I was born a fan and I will die a fan. I'll say I'm not actively rooting for them anymore like I would have when it felt like there was hope. Josh Norman had a point when he said that though,  but I don't think he understands exactly why we don't show up anymore.

2 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I'll never reach the point of hating this team. I was born a fan and I will die a fan. I'll say I'm not actively rooting for them anymore like I would have when it felt like there was hope. Josh Norman had a point when he said that though,  but I don't think he understands exactly why we don't show up anymore.

Josh Norman is everything wrong with this team. Overpaid, entitled, and underperforming. He's a poster child of the Dan Snyder Washington Redskins.

• Like 2

Can’t stand the ownership and Bruce but I’ll always love the Redskins and it’s players and hope for the best. As Jeezy  and others know who’ve been here for over a decade I tried to quit the Redskins in 08 after they ridiculously re-signed Renaldo Wynn instead of signing a younger DE. 

I also like the Steelers - but don’t love them - bc my family is from there and parents, other relatives and sister are Steelers fans before Redskins fans. So, I tried to quit the Redskins and it lasted about a week until I came back in here ate crow and apologized for overreacting.

As for Norman, I was never on board with the contract they gave him. He’s a good corner but not elite. He made $20 million in 2017 and was average. I think he dropped 5 possible ints that year and had all kinds of hands to the face penalties especially in the London/Cincinnati game vs AJ Green when we tied them. He should have been cut or traded last March and we could roll with the group we have now plus a cheaper vet.

oh well, I’m way pst him. He should’ve been sent packing with Swearinger. Two fake leaders from the same high school, go figure!

Edited by turtle28

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Can’t stand the ownership and Bruce but I’ll always love the Redskins and it’s players and hope for the best. As Jeezy  and others know who’ve been here for over a decade I tried to quit the Redskins in 08 after they ridiculously re-signed Renaldo Wynn instead of signing a younger DE. 

I also like the Steelers - but don’t love them - bc my family is from there and parents, other relatives and sister are Steelers fans before Redskins fans. So, I tried to quit the Redskins and it lasted about a week until I came back in here ate crow and apologized for overreacting.

Thats what sucks about being the type fan we are. Loyalty, integrity, honor and all that.

My neighbors a Pats fan. Before that he spent a couple decades with a 5 time Super Bowl champ 49ers. Brady retires, he will likely proclaim his faith to the Chiefs or something. And through it he always gets to be happy. Thats not in me or anyone here. We have the worst run team on the planet. Yet here we stand. And while the pride in being that type of person feels good. Watching everyone else get to be happy while my squad is worthless is miserable.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Thats what sucks about being the type fan we are. Loyalty, integrity, honor and all that.

My neighbors a Pats fan. Before that he spent a couple decades with a 5 time Super Bowl champ 49ers. Brady retires, he will likely proclaim his faith to the Chiefs or something. And through it he always gets to be happy. Thats not in me or anyone here. We have the worst run team on the planet. Yet here we stand. And while the pride in being that type of person feels good. Watching everyone else get to be happy while my squad is worthless is miserable.

My cousin does the same thing. He was a Cowboys fan when we were little. He’s an Ohio State fan but loves Tom Brady so when the Pats blew up he dumped the Cowboys for Brady. Not sure what he’ll do when Brady retires. I can’t see him being a redskins fan even though he does love him some Haskins!

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Landon Collins is in line to take this mantle.  

Could be except for one of those categories. Collins doesn’t act entitled. He’s pretty humble like John Allen, Payne & other Abrams players. They were taught to be that way by Saban.

16 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I completely get all that.  I am an Orioles fan too, and we had incompetent ownership from Peter Angelos all throughout his tenure.  It's my opinion that we lucked into our run from 2012-2016 as MLB's winningest team.  But we appear to be on the right track now, as the right GM was hired and the Angelos brothers are getting out of his way.  

I can deal with incompetent ownership.  What I can't deal with is the leaking of personal information- McCloughan drinking again, this Gruden video, firing Lafemina because they heard he wanted to quit, etc.  It's cowardly, shameful and not at all how you run a successful business.  I never had to worry about that kind of stuff as an Orioles fan, and could at least feel good about rooting for the team despite them being terrible.  I can't say that about the Redskins anymore.  

• Like 1