Diggs rumors

Breesus mode

This came up in the Jalen Ramsey thread. He's maybe a top 15-20 WR, capable of doing a lot but not really producing. (Even before Cousins). I always had Thelien as the #1, and Diggs as an elite #2 WR - a guy who needs a #1 on the other side of the field to get some favorable matchups. 

I think the Chargers could be good for him, with Mike Williams always having injury issues to contend with.

Minnesota is still well in contention. Not really like the Ramsey situation. If you trade Diggs you basically tell your team “we’re done”. He’s their WR2 and would be a crucial playoff piece. 

I think Diggs is even more unhappy than Ramsey. But trading him could get Zimmer fired at the end of the year anything short of a playoff berth. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

This came up in the Jalen Ramsey thread. He's maybe a top 15-20 WR, capable of doing a lot but not really producing. (Even before Cousins). I always had Thelien as the #1, and Diggs as an elite #2 WR - a guy who needs a #1 on the other side of the field to get some favorable matchups. 

I think the Chargers could be good for him, with Mike Williams always having injury issues to contend with.

Do you have any idea what I would do for him to be on the Saints?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Breesus mode said:

Do you have any idea what I would do for him to be on the Saints?

Diggs would be the best WR core Brees has ever had. Thomas, Diggs, has to be the best duo in the league. Although I think Watkins/Hill is a fantastic combo and Mahomes weapons have been a lot better than we think. 

• Like 1

I would be thrilled if the Saints could pull off Diggs...If there wasn't a salary cap.. Unfortunately, it is my understanding that Diggs just signed a fairly big contract, and if the Saints traded draft picks to acquire him, would likely be faced with the decision to not resign a key player/players in the next couple years. Kamara is about to break the bank soon (rightfully so) after seeing what Zeke just got. Then we have the issue of resigning guys like Lattimore, Ramczyk, etc. I'd certainly not give up Kamara, Lattimore, or Ramczyk for a player of like Diggs. If they can work some kind of miracle with the cap, then I'm all for it, but I doubt that is able to happen.

@The LBC commented in another thread that diggs is untradable. 

He would carry an additional 9m cap hit to trade due to accelerated signing bonus proration. 

The Vikings have 2 million in cap space. 

Maybe in the off-season he can be moved, but it's basically impossible to move him now. The signing bonus proration cannot be restructured out either. They are stuck with that just like the Steelers were with AB

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

If they can work some kind of miracle with the cap, then I'm all for it, but I doubt that is able to happen.

You mean like the Minneapolis miracle when diggs sent the Vikings to the NFCCG two years ago? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Vikings beat Giants this week and Diggs gets 130 yards. Temporary solves the situation and Diggs is traded in the off season. 

I think the more likely scenario is that Diggs stays a Viking, Cousins is traded in the offseason, the Vikings take the financial hit, and we take a QB in the first round of the draft.