Johnny Nix

Would you trade AJ?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade AJ?

• Yes for a 2nd round pick or more
    • No hes an important piece to build on
    • Maybe, but only for a 1st rounder

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I'd hang on to him if I thought I could resign him. He could be valuable through the rebuild, showing the young guys how to be a pro. 

If I didn't think I could get a deal done, I'd trade him. 

Agreed.  Plus he would give the eventual new QB someone to throw to.  Boyd and Green can be quite productive.  If I was going to trade him, I'd want two high picks so that one pick would replace him and the other be used to grab a LB or OT.

6 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Honestly, we're in such bad shape that we need to sell a lot.  Dalton, Green, Geno, Dunlap should all be on the market.  We're about 2-3 years away from being competitive.  Give those guys a chance with a contender and get some assets back for a rebuild...

The Bengals are really rough at QB, OL and LB. If they managed to find a QB in this draft class that could play as well as Deshaun Watson did his rookie year, do you really think they couldn't be competitive next year?

On 10/5/2019 at 5:47 PM, theJ said:

The Bengals are really rough at QB, OL and LB. If they managed to find a QB in this draft class that could play as well as Deshaun Watson did his rookie year, do you really think they couldn't be competitive next year?

I don't.  Bengals defense was the worse unit on the field yesterday...

On 10/5/2019 at 11:51 AM, TheVillain112 said:

Honestly, we're in such bad shape that we need to sell a lot.  Dalton, Green, Geno, Dunlap should all be on the market.  We're about 2-3 years away from being competitive.  Give those guys a chance with a contender and get some assets back for a rebuild...

Agreed.. I like all 4 players, but this season is over. Get some help for the future

But it probably won't happen.

21 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I don't.  Bengals defense was the worse unit on the field yesterday...

Bad defenses will suddenly look average when they're put in more advantageous situations.  Early leads, less time on the field, etc will always make a bad defense look better.

Do i think the Bengals would be great with a better QB?  No.  But they're getting bottom 5 QB play right now, which has a big ripple down effect on the rest of the team.  Improve that position and it will make everyone else look better.

All that said, i would look to trade Kirkpatrick, Dunlap and Dalton.  Geno if there was a really good offer (1st round plus some).  Honestly i'd be open to trading pretty much everyone short of a few of the younger guys (Lawson, Hubbard, Mixon, Jonah, WJIII, Bates).

But i like a rebuild a lot better if Geno and AJ are still around to help shepherd it through.  Picks are nice, but a team needs some veteran presence to show guys how to prepare and win at this level.  Geno and AJ know how to do that better than most.

1 minute ago, TheVillain112 said:

How much do we give up for a team to take on Kirkpatrick and his salary?

I would imagine that's an issue with Dunlap and Geno as well.

Dalton and AJ probably have the most trade-able contracts, and no one is really going to want Dalton.

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

I would imagine that's an issue with Dunlap and Geno as well.

Dalton and AJ probably have the most trade-able contracts, and no one is really going to want Dalton.

Dunlap and Geno are actually good.  At least Geno is.  I would think Geno is the most valuable asset we have that teams would be trying to trade for.  It would be AJ Green, but he's oft-injured and teams would have to sign him to a new deal.  Geno already got his signing bonus from the Bengals.

Dre is going to be on the roster for 2019 and hopefully cut in the offseason...

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Yes, but because I think AJ deserves better than this moreso than what the Bengals could get back for him.

AJ and Geno are legit HOF candidates.  But they most likely won't get in if the stay with the Bengals their entire career.  Trade them to a contender and their chances go up drastically...