Video Surfaces of Jay Gruden smoking substance

BayRaider

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The Redskins are the most dysfunctional team in sports. At least Miamis FO is competent and they have a plan. 

Really how low can one team go to try to not pay a guy his money that you contractually guaranteed? And Jay did a lot for that organization.

What’s next for Washington, gonna sign AB so he can destroy Haskins?

Yeah, it made no sense to draft a QB for a coach who was expected to win now.  I have a feeling the trade up for Montez Sweat was a compromise in that direction, but I will say this- they've got a solid group of coaches working on developing Haskins, but they still have a ways to go, and there is no guarantee any of them will be back next year, which can hurt a QB's development.  

I wouldn't say Gruden did a lot for the organization- he's been pretty underwhelming as a coach, and his insistence at calling plays despite his best offensive year coming with McVay taking them from him really grinds my gears- but no one deserves this.  

There were people advocating for AB in our forum before all of this went down, because they have a "workout" relationship.  AB would be the worst thing this team could do, which means they might do it.  

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yup.  He or Snyder had Chris Cooley appear on a show and "leaked" the possibility of former GM Scot McCloughan drinking again, and they fired him for cause days later.  They are definitely trying to avoid paying him the rest of his contract.t it will never happen.  

They're looking to fire the guy and get out from under their contract because he was taped smoking a joint? Or something that could be inferred to be a joint? 

The Redskins want to fire Gruden - they can do it when they wake up this morning. They dont need "cause" beyond how the team's performing and a guy smoking a joint on his own time (if thats what he was doing) isnt going to invalidate a contract and is a weak excuse of a business decision to let him go.

If I were Gruden, I'd want out of that place anyway. It's a bottomless pit.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

They're looking to fire the guy and get out from under their contract because he was taped smoking a joint? Or something that could be inferred to be a joint? 

The Redskins want to fire Gruden - they can do it when they wake up this morning. They dont need "cause" beyond how the team's performing and a guy smoking a joint on his own time (if thats what he was doing) isnt going to invalidate a contract and is a weak excuse of a business decision to let him go.

If I were Gruden, I'd want out of that place anyway. It's a bottomless pit.

Sadly, this is how the Redskins now operate with Bruce Allen in charge.  

Allen and Snyder are so mind-bogglingly awful at their jobs that they think giving Haskins his first start against possibly Belichick’s best D in New England is a good idea.

It’s also going to be a home road game in DC with about half the fans rooting for New England.

Gruden needs to puff to get high. These guys are just naturally dazed and confused.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Sadly, this is how the Redskins now operate with Bruce Allen in charge.  

Understood. I'm not a fan, so I dont follow the in's and out's of whats going on there, but I've read enough to have a clue.
Its a badly run organization - unfortunately.

38 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Allen and Snyder are so mind-bogglingly awful at their jobs that they think giving Haskins his first start against possibly Belichick’s best D in New England is a good idea.

It’s also going to be a home road game in DC with about half the fans rooting for New England.

Gruden needs to puff to get high. These guys are just naturally dazed and confused.

I would also wager that a good portion of fans also have tickets to the Nationals game later that evening, and aren't going to bother showing up.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's a majority group of Patriots fans.  

If the Redskins ever get a coach, the players buy into? They can become an NFC threat immediately.

The team is way too talented, to be 0-4 & it's unfortunate.

Haskins couldn't even get the players up to the line for a hurry up offense, cause they're already checked out. 

Penalties are what seem like every other play. 

This is a coaching problem, not a talent issue. Both Gruden & Manusky.

The Redskins were kicking the Eagles *** at the start of week-1 on the road 17-0 in the first half. Have the Dolphins even scored 17 pts in a game this season?

The Redskins have the horses, they just have a terrible coach & an inept FO.

Watch them light up the vaunted Patriots defense Sunday & still lose?

They have no leadership of men running this team & it will continue till they find a true great Coach.

Gruden has had 6+ years to get it right & now it's time for him to go.

At least he'll have plenty of time to party after the Patriots game.

I hope he's gone, anyways. Good riddance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The Redskins are the most dysfunctional team in sports. At least Miamis FO is competent and they have a plan. 

Damn it seems like just yesterday when the Redskins had rookie sensation RG3 and sky was the limit. 

21 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Damn it seems like just yesterday when the Redskins had rookie sensation RG3 and sky was the limit. 

That was not really a thing outside of about 5 weeks.

They were 3-6 at the bye. They did go on a crazy 7 game run and there was slowly building optimism for RG3 for those 2 months.

They lost by 10 at home in the playoffs and RG3 got a knee injury in December that got much worse in that playoff game.

Everything about his knee injury was shady AF (including his own stupidity about his long term health)

https://www.sbnation.com/2015/9/1/9232961/robert-griffin-iii-washington-jay-gruden-dan-snyder-mike-shanahan-injury-concussion