Video Surfaces of Jay Gruden smoking substance

BayRaider

15 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Even at that point, is it worth it?  Lets use Eric Bieniemy as an example.  He's a hot head coaching candidate as he's overseeing the Chiefs offense which is electric.  Why would he go to Washington, where guys like Schottenheimer, Gibbs and Shanahan have failed, instead of biding his time in Kansas City and wait for a much better position to open up elsewhere as a head coach?  You don't purposefully go to this if organization if you are a bright up and coming star in the NFL.  

Is there a coach who thinks he can't fix any team? If there is, I certainly don't want him.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, N4L said:

I understand why people are speculating about the video being leaked from the Redskins, but I don't understand how they think it happened. You guys think this 20 something year old kid that took the video went to the redskins with the video rather than uploading it to social media? 

I didn't bother to look at how it 'leaked' or where it was posted originally. If someone could give more details, that'd be cool

I’m sure the Skins found out about it first a long time ago. Most teams do and prevent it from going main stream. Most football players live outrageous lifestyles that FO’s keep under wraps. 

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Is there a coach who thinks he can't fix any team? If there is, I certainly don't want him.

Redskins roster is just fine and would be an excellent opportunity, but I wouldn’t trust BA or DS as far as I can throw them. No reputable coach will go there. They have to find some up and coming coordinator. 

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Just to weigh in here...if Gruden is actually smoking weed, and it's within the District, what he's doing is legal.

Now...I'm sure it's still against league rules...but wow, he would sure have a phenomenal argument if he took this to arbitration. 

Dave Portnoy said he saw the video two years ago, and has had it since.  It was done in Saratoga FL.  Now, it's Dave Portnoy speaking about it, and you can trust him about as far as you can throw him.  I'd also argue that if players can be suspended for what they put into their bodies, then so can the coaches.  

• Like 1

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Dave Portnoy said he saw the video two years ago, and has had it since.  It was done in Saratoga FL.  Now, it's Dave Portnoy speaking about it, and you can trust him about as far as you can throw him.  I'd also argue that if players can be suspended for what they put into their bodies, then so can the coaches.  

Yeah, coaches have the same restrictions. Just saying that if it was in the District, Gruden could have made some interesting waves. No cover if it was in Florida, though. 

This is all sad, as I don't think Gruden deserves to be fired. He did just fine when he had players. 

• Like 1

Just now, Heinz D. said:

Yeah, coaches have the same restrictions. Just saying that if it was in the District, Gruden could have made some interesting waves. No cover if it was in Florida, though. 

This is all sad, as I don't think Gruden deserves to be fired. He did just fine when he had players. 

There are still things I can't excuse, such as having Wade Phillips wanting to come be his DC, but Jay essentially trashing his defense during the interview for their performance against his offense, and going with Joe Barry instead.  The loyalty to Greg Manusky who was hired after Barry.  Rarely deviating from Tampa Bay connections.  And most importantly, his best year, both as an offense and team as a whole, was when Sean McVay called plays.  Except for that one year, Gruden has insisted on doing that instead of embracing the CEO mindset.  

42 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Redskins roster is just fine and would be an excellent opportunity, but I wouldn’t trust BA or DS as far as I can throw them. No reputable coach will go there. They have to find some up and coming coordinator. 

There are only 32 jobs available, with only five or so openings every year. Anybody that wants to be a HC would line up for it.