Video Surfaces of Jay Gruden smoking substance

BayRaider

23 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Wonder who will be interim HC assuming he's gone after Sunday.

He's rested...........he's ready!

Joe Gibbs, still a boyish 143, will be back for his third go-round as Head Coach of the Washington Redskins!

Joe plans to bring back good ol' 'eighties football, a power running game based on the "Hawgs" on the O-line; he will also, in a concession to the modern game (and also his hobbies), institute a NASCAR pass-rush front on defense!

Image result for joe gibbs

Edited by bzane
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, bzane said:

He's rested...........he's ready!

Joe Gibbs, still a boyish 143, will be back for his third go-round as Head Coach of the Washington Redskins!

After researching 2019 EPA standards, Gibbs admits it would be difficult to again crank up that Diesel. 

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yup.  He or Snyder had Chris Cooley appear on a show and "leaked" the possibility of former GM Scot McCloughan drinking again, and they fired him for cause days later.  They are definitely trying to avoid paying him the rest of his contract.  

As a Redskins fan, I can not figure out Bruce Allen's sway over Snyder.  When Snyder hired Mike Shanahan, Bruce Allen was a required part of the deal by Shanahan because he wanted someone with a speciality in contracts to help out in the front office, as he had personnel control at the time.  After the Shanahan era, they gave McCloughan a shot, and it seemed Bruce Allen sabotaged him, and then regained personnel control.  Then, last year, Snyder took away Allen's power on the business side to give it to Brian Lafemina, an executive from the league office he spent 18 months recruiting, and he didn't last nine months before being fired- because Allen and Snyder found out he was quitting anyway.....because they have to control the narrative.  So Allen regained power over both aspects, and here we are.  Neither Allen or Snyder will grant public interviews and be accountable to any of this.

The only guess I have at this point is that Snyder is such a dedicated Redskins fan, that he is keeping Bruce out of some misguided fan loyalty where he views him as Redskins Royalty because of the success his father had as a coach for us.  Or, he views Allen with his brother's political connections as his best bet of getting a new stadium, which if Snyder believes that, makes him a pretty stupid guy in my eyes.  Lafemina was his best chance.  Allen's connections lie with his brother, and are tenuous at best.  

After this, I don't know any competent front office person or head coach who would come to Washington and work for these two.  Granted, there are only 32 GM and head coaching jobs in the league, but at this point, Assistant GM or OC/DC on a winning team is more worthwhile than coming to DC- just wait for a better opportunity, and don't burn one of your chances here, because no one is going to be successful with how the owner runs the team.  They need a housecleaning starting at Allen and working all of the way down, because this team has been terrible for 20 years.  A real football person needs to be put in charge..........but it will never happen.  

I agree, at this point no coach with a decent career would want to come to DC. It's pretty much known around the league that the Redskins are a lost cause as an organization. The only guys that would come coach for them would be young guys who never had a shot at a HC job.

4 minutes ago, NFL_Announcer said:

Jay wants out of Washington and I don't think Washington wants him there. When he said he was starting Colt McCoy over Haskins I was like, "LUL, asking to be fired." Washington granted him his wish.

Haskins isn’t ready to start, he made the right decision honestly. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NFL_Announcer said:

Jay wants out of Washington and I don't think Washington wants him there. When he said he was starting Colt McCoy over Haskins I was like, "LUL, asking to be fired." Washington granted him his wish.

That seems more like he’s coaching with his job on the line rather than being in the fortunate and luxurious position of being allowed time to evaluate all his players

Why would he start Haskins against the Pats? Haskins looked lost against a Bottom 2 secondary in football. Bellichick eats Rookie QBs alive and Haskins isn’t ready to begin with. It’d be a 0 TD 50% 5 INT game. Guaranteed. 

Jay is trying to win the game. You know, what coaches are suppose to do. 

• Like 2

I understand why people are speculating about the video being leaked from the Redskins, but I don't understand how they think it happened. You guys think this 20 something year old kid that took the video went to the redskins with the video rather than uploading it to social media? 

I didn't bother to look at how it 'leaked' or where it was posted originally. If someone could give more details, that'd be cool

7 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Their 6-2 start seems forever ago. I don't think he's a completely awful coach but Redskins seem to be a QB black hole. Hard to win in that situation.

Wonder who will be interim HC assuming he's gone after Sunday.

Callahan probably wont take it out of loyalty to the Grudens.  Tomsula is the likely bet.  

4 hours ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

I agree, at this point no coach with a decent career would want to come to DC. It's pretty much known around the league that the Redskins are a lost cause as an organization. The only guys that would come coach for them would be young guys who never had a shot at a HC job.

Even at that point, is it worth it?  Lets use Eric Bieniemy as an example.  He's a hot head coaching candidate as he's overseeing the Chiefs offense which is electric.  Why would he go to Washington, where guys like Schottenheimer, Gibbs and Shanahan have failed, instead of biding his time in Kansas City and wait for a much better position to open up elsewhere as a head coach?  You don't purposefully go to this if organization if you are a bright up and coming star in the NFL.  

• Like 2

Just to weigh in here...if Gruden is actually smoking weed, and it's within the District, what he's doing is legal.

Now...I'm sure it's still against league rules...but wow, he would sure have a phenomenal argument if he took this to arbitration. 

• Like 1