The Redskins about to go on a run starting with an upset over Patriots!

aceinthehouse

I've been back & forth on my thoughts so far this season.

Just a circus of incompetence from the FO, down to the head coach Gruden & Defense Coordinator Gregg Manusky.

Gruden is probably fired even with a win vs Patriots, but let's get into why I'm calling an upset.

First, it's the Redskins way. As you may know, Colt McCoy will be getting his first start since breaking his leg. He's Grudens pet & knows Grudens offense better than Keenum or Haskins. This will allow Gruden to literally throw the book at New England.

Second, Patriots have a Thursday game coming up on a short week. Could they overlook Washington because of that? Ah...never.

Third, Gruden isn't going to coach scared because he knows he's gone. (And he always coaches scared) This might actually make the Redskins more dangerous. Same with the Manusky Defense, which never attacks opposing Offenses. Rush 4 and drop back zone. Could he go after Brady, knowing he's probably gone, too? Eh...probably not.

Don't mistake the Redskins record of 0-4, which has been abysmal in all aspects of coaching. To a team that can't hang with anyone, if driven with motivation. 

The Redskins could beat New England & lose to Miami next week (who we play, btw). That's how inconsistent & directionless this team is at the moment.

Both teams currently have key injuries at the moment. A key injury to look for will be rookie WR Terry McLaurin who missed last week with a hamstring injury. If he plays, I'll feel much better about my prediction than without him. He's going to be good one.

The Patriots Defense is awesome right now. They've only surrendered 27 pts total in 4 games.

They'll surrender more than that, in this one game vs Redskins.

Redskins upset Patriots 28-27 in classic upset fashion. (Plus, when Patriots lose, it's usually early in the season)

I also think Redskins go on a run. Whether it's with Gruden at the helm, or new interim head coach.

How much of a run? I don't know...could be short-lived.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I've been back & forth on my thoughts so far this season.

Just a circus of incompetence from the FO, down to the head coach Gruden & Defense Coordinator Gregg Manusky.

Gruden is probably fired even with a win vs Patriots, but let's get into why I'm calling an upset.

First, it's the Redskins way. As you may know, Colt McCoy will be getting his first start since breaking his leg. He's Grudens pet & knows Grudens offense better than Keenum or Haskins. This will allow Gruden to literally throw the book at New England.

Second, Patriots have a Thursday game coming up on a short week. Could they overlook Washington because of that? Ah...never.

Third, Gruden isn't going to coach scared because he knows he's gone. (And he always coaches scared) This might actually make the Redskins more dangerous. Same with the Manusky Defense, which never attacks opposing Offenses. Rush 4 and drop back zone. Could he go after Brady, knowing he's probably gone, too? Eh...probably not.

Don't mistake the Redskins record of 0-4, which has been abysmal in all aspects of coaching. To a team that can't hang with anyone, if driven with motivation. 

The Redskins could beat New England & lose to Miami next week (who we play, btw). That's how inconsistent & directionless this team is at the moment.

Both teams currently have key injuries at the moment. A key injury to look for will be rookie WR Terry McLaurin who missed last week with a hamstring injury. If he plays, I'll feel much better about my prediction than without him. He's going to be good one.

The Patriots Defense is awesome right now. They've only surrendered 27 pts total in 4 games.

They'll surrender more than that, in this one game vs Redskins.

Redskins upset Patriots 28-27 in classic upset fashion. (Plus, when Patriots lose, it's usually early in the season)

I also think Redskins go on a run. Whether it's with Gruden at the helm, or new interim head coach.

How much of a run? I don't know...could be short-lived.

We're you there smoking that j with Jay when you wrote this??? There is 0% chance the Pats lose to this horrible team.