The Redskins about to go on a run starting with an upset over Patriots!

aceinthehouse

35 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Because it's going to happen & thus, this thread can morph into a gameday thread.

Which will be at least 12 pages long.

Aaaaah, these Ace threads are always fun. Got to give him the points for bold, maybe even outrageous, predictions! I enjoy reading these things.

"You da Man!!"

Image result for image man giving thumbs up

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Acient is the craziest troll ever 

He occasionally trolls a Giants forum that I visit too, with the same user name. I wonder how many other forums he trolls? Is it his full time job? Are other forums we don’t know about getting hit harder than we are? 

Edited by Gmen

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

He occasionally trolls a Giants forum that I visit too, with the same user name. I wonder how many other forums he trolls? Is it his full time job? Are other forums we don’t know about getting hit harder than we are? 

Only a member of 3 different sites, if I remember correctly.

Here: football future (my favorite & most active site) great mods, great people 

Big blue interactive: rarely post, but I do on occasion. Got to keep tabs on divisional rival. Some smart posters.

Igglephans: when I need a laugh of mean, dillusional Eagle fans. This is the spot. Almost never post, but when I do...it's to truly troll. Can't stand that site. 

That's it for me. Not a member of Cowboys sites. They're not worth it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I've been back & forth on my thoughts so far this season.

Just a circus of incompetence from the FO, down to the head coach Gruden & Defense Coordinator Gregg Manusky.

Gruden is probably fired even with a win vs Patriots, but let's get into why I'm calling an upset.

First, it's the Redskins way. As you may know, Colt McCoy will be getting his first start since breaking his leg. He's Grudens pet & knows Grudens offense better than Keenum or Haskins. This will allow Gruden to literally throw the book at New England.

Second, Patriots have a Thursday game coming up on a short week. Could they overlook Washington because of that? Ah...never.

Third, Gruden isn't going to coach scared because he knows he's gone. (And he always coaches scared) This might actually make the Redskins more dangerous. Same with the Manusky Defense, which never attacks opposing Offenses. Rush 4 and drop back zone. Could he go after Brady, knowing he's probably gone, too? Eh...probably not.

Don't mistake the Redskins record of 0-4, which has been abysmal in all aspects of coaching. To a team that can't hang with anyone, if driven with motivation. 

The Redskins could beat New England & lose to Miami next week (who we play, btw). That's how inconsistent & directionless this team is at the moment.

Both teams currently have key injuries at the moment. A key injury to look for will be rookie WR Terry McLaurin who missed last week with a hamstring injury. If he plays, I'll feel much better about my prediction than without him. He's going to be good one.

The Patriots Defense is awesome right now. They've only surrendered 27 pts total in 4 games.

They'll surrender more than that, in this one game vs Redskins.

Redskins upset Patriots 28-27 in classic upset fashion. (Plus, when Patriots lose, it's usually early in the season)

I also think Redskins go on a run. Whether it's with Gruden at the helm, or new interim head coach.

How much of a run? I don't know...could be short-lived.

Take it from a guy who's followed the Lions for the last 30 years: Just stop it. Apparently you've been doing this stuff for a while and you need to stop. Your team sucks, your coach sucks, your GM sucks, your owner sucks, and you will never win again as long as you've got the karma of a racist, genocide-celebrating mascot around your neck. Just give up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Take it from a guy who's followed the Lions for the last 30 years: Just stop it. Apparently you've been doing this stuff for a while and you need to stop. Your team sucks, your coach sucks, your GM sucks, your owner sucks, and you will never win again as long as you've got the karma of a racist, genocide-celebrating mascot around your neck. Just give up.

If the Redskins don't win because they're racist?

Why don't the Lions win?

Some Wizzard of Oz curse?

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Keep it to football.

There’s not really much to talk about football-wise here. You can’t expect people to seriously break down a Patriots vs. Redskins matchup - the second best team in the NFL, versus second worst. It should be a slaughter. And if by some miracle it isn’t, don’t let that give any credence to this topic. It would be just dumb luck. 

Edited by Gmen

Just now, Gmen said:

There’s not really much to talk about football-wise here. You can’t expect people to seriously break down a Patriots vs. Redskins matchup - the second best team in the NFL, versus second worst. It should be a slaughter. And if by some miracle it isn’t, don’t let that give an credence to this topic. It would be just dumb luck. 

First off, the Patriots are like -16 favorites if not more now.

2nd, I didn't create this thread just to get a rise out of people. I genuinely believe the Skins will win today & gave my reasons in Original post.

And it wouldn't be dumb luck.

With Grudens job on the line

The Gruden Zapruder film

Patriots short week

Colt McCoy in his first start 

Terry McLaurin possibly active today

Etc.

Everything is lining up for an upset. I truly believe it will happen.

I'm actually calm & relaxed about it. No pre game anxiety or restlessness.

Either way....Gruden is probably gone win or lose. So a new era, will hopefully be starting soon.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

If the Redskins don't win because they're racist?

Why don't the Lions win?

Some Wizzard of Oz curse?

Nope. Just like your team, they had awful players, awful coaches, awful management and awful ownership. I guess you ignored those parts of my comment. Your embarrassing mascot is only the icing on the cake.

And anyone on this site, poster or management, who doesn't like my characterization of the Washington mascot, you are wrong and you know it.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Seriously though, I can't think of anyone more suited to beating red skin than Robert Kraft.

Well, Kraft cheese can cover a Redskins potato.

So maybe the Patriots cover the spread?

Or

However, a Patriot wouldn't be used to seeing a Redskins with a Colt 45, (QB Colt McCoy)instead of Bow & Arrow.

Maybe this Redskins fights back & doesn't lay down or surrender?

We shall see