Sean Payton Hotseat Tracker

Dome

56 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

@navysaintsfan Was it you or @whodatworm23 That agreed with me that 8-8 would be that special mark Payton needs to hit to Save his job? I remember in the old forum someone else quoted me and agreed.

My feeling is that he'll keep his job at 6-10 or better. The team would have to absolutely fall on its face at 5-11 or worse for him to loose his job. At 6-10 or better Benson will justify keeping him and Loomis do to the money owed to them on their current deals and Loomis and Payton will play the "hard luck" card starting with the sudden condition that forced Fairley out for the year. 

2 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

If we keep Payton after a 6-10 season, I may not tune in for the 2018 season. That would be atrocious management of a franchise by Loomis and Benson.

It's what I'd expect tho... as Saints fans were in a very weird time. We have a owner at the end of his days with a successor in his wife that are brainwashed into believing that the top of this front office is immune to any responsibility and repercussions to their actions and job performance while we also have a hall of fame quarterback in the twilight of his career who is a  living legend to the local fans that is in the final year of his deal and likley wouldn't reup with the Saints if Payton isn't the head coach. On top of that the defense continues to be a laughing stock and the one thing preventing this team from competing. The roster is so depleted of depth due to years of sub-par drafting and free agency bust that this club is years away from fielding the type of roster capable of making deep playoff runs. I personally feel we're in football purgatory and will be there for quite some time. 

On 7/20/2017 at 11:09 AM, whodatworm23 said:

I personally feel we're in football purgatory and will be there for quite some time. 

We've already been here for quite some time. Lots of unbalanced but talented teams stall out in that 6-9 win range. With a QB like Brees we should've never slipped this far.

Imagine what BB could've done with Brees, IMO every bit as much as he's accomplished with Brady.  

19 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

We've already been here for quite some time. Lots of unbalanced but talented teams stall out in that 6-9 win range. With a QB like Brees we should've never slipped this far.

Imagine what BB could've done with Brees, IMO every bit as much as he's accomplished with Brady.  

BB is a great HC... SP is a great OC

thats the difference

Just now, whodatworm23 said:

BB is a great HC... SP is a great OC

thats the difference

Agreed.

I think Payton was a fine HC before bountygate, that ruined him and his relationship with his D.C. If you're not a guy Payton already trusts, you're out. Signups are closed.

24 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Agreed.

I think Payton was a fine HC before bountygate, that ruined him and his relationship with his D.C. If you're not a guy Payton already trusts, you're out. Signups are closed.

Payton is far less of the gambler that made him what he is these days. Then again, Greg Williams and Darren Sharper... two guys that most Saints fans would love to forget for different reasons are a primary reason for Payton's early success. We need to remember that it was Loomis who basically forced Payton into firing Gary Gibbs. Back then Payton knew he needed to make strides on defense or it would cost him his job. These days he's a Super Bowl winning offensive genius who knows he'll land another cushy high paying job regardless of how it ends in NOLA. There is no urgency for him to do it anyway else than his own stubborn way. My biggest fear is that Dennis Allen is the new Gary Gibbs only this time Payton won't be forced into anything by anyone... if anything he will force his way out.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Seems about time to knock the dust off this thread.

Aghhh... The good ol post from my recent past. Wish I felt differently but I don't!

To me Sean Payton and the Saints are like Andy Reid and the Eagles a few years back... Everyone would benifit from a breakup in the long run.

Yeah, in my opinion, he needs to make the playoffs to keep his job. If we're mathematically out by week 13, he needs to be out too.

HOF QB, 2-3 Probowl caliber O-lineman, 1-2 Probowl caliber D-lineman, 1 Probowl caliber RB (Ingram) and 1 HOF RB (AP), 1 Probowl caliber WR, possibly 2 depending on Sneads performance, 1 former Probowl caliber WR in Ginn.

All this, and 3 losing seasons in a row. The excuses are running thin, folks.

20 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Yeah, in my opinion, he needs to make the playoffs to keep his job. If we're mathematically out by week 13, he needs to be out too.

HOF QB, 2-3 Probowl caliber O-lineman, 1-2 Probowl caliber D-lineman, 1 Probowl caliber RB (Ingram) and 1 HOF RB (AP), 1 Probowl caliber WR, possibly 2 depending on Sneads performance, 1 former Probowl caliber WR in Ginn.

All this, and 3 losing seasons in a row. The excuses are running thin, folks.

? ? ?

Archived