Sean Payton Hotseat Tracker

Dome

1 minute ago, Raves said:

I think we have a lot of the right type of players in place, they just need the coaching, oh and of course getting a QB to replace Brees.  I think we oculd be back in the playoffs within 2 years with the right coach.

I agree, but finding that right coach, and the right front office, and the right QB is no small feat.  If everything falls into place, I agree that we have the players to make the playoffs relatively quickly, especially on offense.  I think a good defensive minded guy could build a decent defense quickly, and he should already have a solid oline, receivers, and backs to work with.  We'll lose a few guys, but we shouldn't be at the level of recent Browns and Rams teams.  I do think it'll take a while to make this team a superbowl contender again, though.  I understand winning superbowls are hard, and I'd be satisfied with consistent playoff appearances.  I just want a reason to watch football in January.  

Of course, this is all assuming Payton leaves before next year.  

On 9/18/2017 at 10:41 PM, Raves said:

I think we have a lot of the right type of players in place, they just need the coaching, oh and of course getting a QB to replace Brees.  I think we oculd be back in the playoffs within 2 years with the right coach.

What do yall think would be being said right now if Patrick Mahomes was in a Saints uniform and not Marshon Lattimore?

54 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

What do yall think would be being said right now if Patrick Mahomes was in a Saints uniform and not Marshon Lattimore?

Saints and Payton have finally realized it's time to move on for a full rebuild, this season is about being bad, seeing which players are worth keeping for the future, and moving on.  Also I think Brees would've been traded.

I think the problems with Saints ownership is a much bigger factor than anyone is willing to admit. Benson is probably demented...who knows what Rita's plans are and if she has the backbone to run an NFL franchise. There is zero accountability. Who would want to work for the Saints right now under that dysfunction? The Saints Sports Med job is my dream job, but I wouldn't take it in the franchise's current state. Life's just too short. 

Archived