Sean Payton Hotseat Tracker

Dome

He'll probably be safe at 8-8, because that would be an improvement. "We weren't as bad as the last few years, clearly we're doing something right!"

If you ask me it's all or nothing. Either we win it all in, or we move on. And there's about a .001% chance of that first part, so I would already be looking at replacements. It's just like Les Miles at LSU. How many times do you have to see the same junk to know that it's not working anymore?

1 hour ago, NS922 said:

He'll probably be safe at 8-8, because that would be an improvement. "We weren't as bad as the last few years, clearly we're doing something right!"

If you ask me it's all or nothing. Either we win it all in, or we move on. And there's about a .001% chance of that first part, so I would already be looking at replacements. It's just like Les Miles at LSU. How many times do you have to see the same junk to know that it's not working anymore?

My prediction is that Payton will be gone but it will be via a trade finally... Compensation being very minimal. Benson isnt eating 3 years of a 45 million dollar contract. Loomis top piorioty by week 14 will be looking for someone to take that contract off his hands.

If he doesn't go at least 11-5 with a playoff berth, I don't see how you keep him.  He should have been gone after last year, but four straight non playoff seasons with a HOF QB?  With what is quite probably the worst 3 year stretch of defensive play in NFL history?  And you still get to keep your job?  There should be riots in the streets if this happens.  

1 hour ago, everlong said:

Loomis is the one that needs to go, not Payton.

Your miss informed my friend... Loomis having full control we rebuilt a destitute franchise into a superbowl champion. In 2010 and then in the "reworked" contract following the Bounty Suspensions Payton clammored for and recieved (via Benson) control over player personnel and proceeded to run the franchise and salary cap into the ground.

1 hour ago, gen. manager said:

They both need to go. They're both to blame. This team is in shambles at this point. Time to just blow it up and move on. 

I agree, they have both stayed past their welcome.  Even If Payton has too much control, Loomis is at fault for giving it to him and not getting it back when the train wreck ensued.  Their cap issues have been as bad as their defenses, and that's an almost impossible accomplishment.

Well, this year we got Lattimore, Ramczyk and Kamara

We got sheldon rankins, von bell, and michael thomas last year.

The year before that we got andrus peat and stephone anthony from the first round which looks to be a big miss.

In 2014 we got Cooks

In 2013 we got Armstead and Vacarro and kenny stills

2012 saw the rise of the great Corey white

2011 we got cam jordan and mark ingram

We've done a lot of missing, but the last couple years look pretty good.

Archived