Should Chicago stick with Chase Daniel if he plays well enough?

Elky

Daniel or Trubisky  

35 members have voted

1. 1. If Daniel plays well enough, should Chicago stick with him?

• Yes
    • No

Let's say Chicago remains in first place in their division by the time Trubisky returns and Daniel has played well. Should Chicago stick with him or go with Trubisky?

Edited by Elky

I think the difficulty is, this is really more a question about their plans for Trubisky than anything Daniel does. Because I do think Daniel is likely to play better than Trubisky has thus far, even if only because it's kind of hard not to. And I think he gives them a better shot to win this year. But I don't think you can make that move without it effectively being a give up on Trubisky. I can't remember a time a young, highly drafted QB, was benched for a journeyman vet, and was later given the starting job back and went on to be a good QB for the team that drafted him. I guess the Bucs are basically a year removed from that situation with Winston, but I doubt he goes on to succeed. So I think if you make that choice, you're basically saying you've given up on Trubisky. Which might not be the wrong move, but I doubt Chicago is ready and willing to do that. Teams are so slow to move on from QBs they invested heavily in.

So I guess, I think it would be the smart move, but I'm not sure they're able to do it.

If they want to win a SB this year, Chase gives them the best chance. If they are still holding onto the hope that Trubisky is going to be good in the future though, it would be dumb to bench him because you’re basically telling him you don’t trust him.

Edited by fortdetroit
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

If Daniels continues to play like he did last week against the Vikings you gotta roll with Chase, If i were the Bears I would swallow my pride and move on from the biscuit. Hes not the answer imo.

If he plays like he did against the Vikings then the Bears are in trouble.

I really wish people would actually watch the games instead of box score scouting.

• Like 2