What players on field play doesnt match their stats

Bearerofnews

Marcus Davenport. The number will come eventually, but he’s been a real solid defender for us both against the run and as a pass rusher.

He’s averaging a QB pressure every 4.9 pass rushing plays, which is pretty impressive.

Edited by Dome

JJ Watt. Dude hasn't caught a pass in 5 years, but I know that he's a beastly tight end. 

But seriously, Nick Bosa thus far at the start of his career. He's only managed a single sack (though could have been awarded a half on one of Armstead's), but he's creating a ton of  pressures and has a really high win rate. Keeps falling down though lol. Unsure if that is due to the ankle. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

JJ Watt. Dude hasn't caught a pass in 5 years, but I know that he's a beastly tight end. 

But seriously, Nick Bosa thus far at the start of his career. He's only managed a single sack (though could have been awarded a half on one of Armstead's), but he's creating a ton of  pressures and has a really high win rate. Keeps falling down though lol. Unsure if that is due to the ankle. 

His brother Joey is doing pretty amazing as well even though the stats don't show it either. No one else is stepping up to take advantage of his double teams.

3 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Kirk Cousins an obvious selection. 

First person I thought of when I opened this thread lol.  I defended him after last season because of our o line, and while we haven't exactly fixed it this year despite drafting a center in the 1st, I can no longer defend him at this point unless he proves worthy of it at some point in time this season

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Marcus Mariota comes to mind, too. If you box score scouted him, you'd think he's getting the job done every week.

I suppose we can put Derek Carr here too. His first read is a 3 yard out to the TE or flat to the RB. And never looks deep. His box score don’t look all that bad. 

For the Rams it's clearly Aaron Donald this year with 1 sack. Only area of his game this year he is worse at is he isn't finishing sacks like he always would if he got a hand on the QB. 

And conversely, Clay Matthews isn't close to as dominant as his 6 sack total would indicate. At least 3 of those were due to Aaron. 

Edited by LeotheLion

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

For the Rams it's clearly Aaron Donald this year with 1 sack. Only area of his game this year he is worse at is he isn't finishing sacks like he always would if he got a hand on the QB. 

And conversely, Clay Matthews isn't close to as dominant as his 6 sack total would indicate. At least 3 of those were due to Aaron. 

Yea, but hurting Brees' hand is worth at least 10 sacks.