BDL 2019 Week 5 - Lancaster Werewolves @ Portland Horned Owls

SirA1

Lancaster Werewolves @ Portland Horned Owls  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Lancaster Werewolves
    • Portland Horned Owls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/2019 at 04:01 AM

Lancaster here. Portland has McCaffrey and Dissly and that’s about it for weapons. While the Lancaster weapons have been inconsistent, Mahomes also didn’t have a great game this week. If we look at what they are capable of on a week to week basis I still think Lancaster handles this one. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Whicker said:

I’m going Lancaster. 

Portland is just a little too beat up to win this game against a very strong opponent that planned well. 

KeeSean Johnson is just not someone I want to see in a BDL starting lineup. He plays in the most WR heavy team, he needed an injury to a guy named Damiere Byrd to see a ton of snaps, and even with that injury he splits snaps with a guy named Trent Sheffield. Any BDL corner is going to win against him IMO. I don’t see Jones or Williams going off although Mahomes will put up some yardage. McCaffrey is well contained and Dissly is a red zone threat only from what I’ve seen. 

I really don’t like the copy/paste job from portland and for the record to all I’m going to penalize people HARSHLY this year if you put the wrong opponent in your plan. If you’re going to be lazy and c/p then AT LEAST take the time to make sure you use a find and replace or something. It’s especially bad when you talk about how bad the opposing O-line is when you’re going against a great one. Also I’m super super not a fan of the “well there’s one thing he won’t expect but I’m not going to give away what it is.” I don’t care how “obvious” you allegedly make it. This isn’t the place to be coy and I don’t understand why you would. 

To address a few of these.

The only thing banged up is my WR corps but ok, not gonna deny they're super hurt but still all of my starters are playing except for my no.1 WR. I don't considered that beat up at all tbh. 

This is my unedited gameplan, the edited gameplan with bolded and corrected text (See half of it in the OP) was cut off because of a forum glitch. The only reason I didn't go back and fix the unedited version since the forum ate the edited version. Was because it wouldn't be fair to submit that version against Lancaster given I'd have been able to see their gameplan. 

Not excuses just providing the reasoning for why my gameplan is the way it is. 

• Like 1

Portland takes this one at the buzzer. McCaffrey and Mahomes are just too good of a combination in the end. A situation where two people carry a team the whole way. Evans and Odell are bottled up causing a close game at the end and McCaffrey owns the day

21-20 Portland

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwoleXmad said:

To address a few of these.

The only thing banged up is my WR corps but ok, not gonna deny they're super hurt but still all of my starters are playing except for my no.1 WR. I don't considered that beat up at all tbh. 

This is my unedited gameplan, the edited gameplan with bolded and corrected text (See half of it in the OP) was cut off because of a forum glitch. The only reason I didn't go back and fix the unedited version since the forum ate the edited version. Was because it wouldn't be fair to submit that version against Lancaster given I'd have been able to see their gameplan. 

Not excuses just providing the reasoning for why my gameplan is the way it is. 

You’re missing what I consider your third and fourth best player (Adams and Short) which is already enough to qualify as too banged up against arguably the most talented team. Throw in Ross, Njoku, Ford (yeah he’s healthy now but his health played a factor in this game IMO with you putting him on the bench after being banged up the past couple of games), and Malik and yeah I’d say you’re a little too banged up. I’ll admit I thought you were missing someone else in your receiving group

Also Trufant has been BAD. He might be hurt as well or something is going on with him. 

I accept your explanation for your plan. It’s now just a warning for all GMs 

Edited by Whicker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Orca said:

Portland takes this one at the buzzer. McCaffrey and Mahomes are just too good of a combination in the end. A situation where two people carry a team the whole way. Evans and Odell are bottled up causing a close game at the end and McCaffrey owns the day

21-20 Portland

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

I actually see this as a more low scoring game, dominated by Portland's run game. No shows from Evans and a down performance from Kamara would allow Portland to stay in the game and win it late with a fg (aided by a stellar performance from McCaffrey 

17-14 Portland 

So how many men should I have put in the box to stop the run game then? Should I have had more than two players specifically covering McCaffrey? Would that have mattered?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rackcs said:

So how many men should I have put in the box to stop the run game then? Should I have had more than two players specifically covering McCaffrey? Would that have mattered?

15 may slow him down, but technically speaking would result in so many penalties it wouldnt matter xD

I know McCaffefy is good, I know PM is good, but they are 2 of 11 guys.

No RB in the LG takes 100% of the rushing snaps and the backup RB Portland made available wasnt even a member of his team for this game because the Freeman trade had been reversed. The fact that this is a 'duct tape' gameplan by Portland is disappointing because we have seen some really good ones from Portland.

Imo when you compare the offenses, there both decent, I'd give the edge for the receiving Corp to Portland, I think the RBs are about equal and Portland gets an edge at QB.m, except that even going into this game, Mahomes was slowed by an ankle issue. It became worse in the game this week when he reaggrivated it (I didnt consider this at all when voting)

I actually like Lancasters OL and defense considerably more.

Basically what I'm getting at is, the way the votes sound like they're going it's a 2 player vs entire team game and somehow , the 2 players are winning.

Btw, while for the most part McCaffery has done great this year, TBs defense held him to 37 yards this season. Pretty sure they didnt have 15 ppl in the box, but they did have Ndamukong Suh.

Im not trying to tell anyone how to vote. Simply sharing my opinion.

Edited by wwhickok

5 hours ago, Whicker said:

You’re missing what I consider your third and fourth best player (Adams and Short) which is already enough to qualify as too banged up against arguably the most talented team. Throw in Ross, Njoku, Ford (yeah he’s healthy now but his health played a factor in this game IMO with you putting him on the bench after being banged up the past couple of games), and Malik and yeah I’d say you’re a little too banged up. I’ll admit I thought you were missing someone else in your receiving group

Also Trufant has been BAD. He might be hurt as well or something is going on with him. 

I accept your explanation for your plan. It’s now just a warning for all GMs 

Fair your insights no doubt have been the most interesting whiscer. 

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

I think as Lancaster pointed out, Portland is going to have a hard time getting pressure on Rivers and giving a good QB time to get the ball to those weapons is going to lead to some big plays. 

Maybe on the interior but my edge rushers are all having good seasons.