Week 5 Texans vs Flacons

lumberjackchris

13 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Word is OB let Tim Kelly call plays today

Just heard that - if BOB takes over again, someone needs to relieve him of duties immediately. 

Yesterday was the best the offense ever looked. Don't mess with a good thing, and don't change if Kelly has one bad day anytime this season.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Just heard that - if BOB takes over again, someone needs to relieve him of duties immediately. 

Yesterday was the best the offense ever looked. Don't mess with a good thing, and don't change if Kelly has one bad day anytime this season.

I cannot find any hard evidence of this. The plays were defintely different, but there is an image of BoB having his sheet. I think they both carry one on the sidelines. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amazingandre said:

I cannot find any hard evidence of this. The plays were defintely different, but there is an image of BoB having his sheet. I think they both carry one on the sidelines. 

It's something the 610 guys (Seth and Pendergast) mentioned this AM - I don't think they'd mention it unless there was some inside information to work off of.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Nutty how despite no sacks against the Falcons, Watson's sack rate is still 10%. All offensive line next draft. No excuses.

I'll say that in the Carolina game (6 sacks) about five of those were due to Watson hanging onto the ball for way too long. I'd also say that about the New Orleans game (another 6 sacks) Watson was probably responsible for four of those sacks. 

That's one thing that's slowly becoming apparent - Watson holds on to the ball a bit longer than you'd like to see. Part of why the Atlanta game was such a change (not only zero sacks, but just one QB hit) was because the offense was really quick - two seconds and POP, ball was gone. There was a concentrated effort to call shorter plays and make faster decisions with where to go.

For as beleaguered as this OL is, it's actually improved a lot as the season went on. Larmey Tunsil, Tytus Howard and Max Scharping are looking like they're worth the steep investment. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'll say that in the Carolina game (6 sacks) about five of those were due to Watson hanging onto the ball for way too long. I'd also say that about the New Orleans game (another 6 sacks) Watson was probably responsible for four of those sacks. 

That's one thing that's slowly becoming apparent - Watson holds on to the ball a bit longer than you'd like to see. Part of why the Atlanta game was such a change (not only zero sacks, but just one QB hit) was because the offense was really quick - two seconds and POP, ball was gone. There was a concentrated effort to call shorter plays and make faster decisions with where to go.

For as beleaguered as this OL is, it's actually improved a lot as the season went on. Larmey Tunsil, Tytus Howard and Max Scharping are looking like they're worth the steep investment. 

I don’t know about Scharping the more I watch. Dude can’t run block to save his life...

2 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

I don’t know about Scharping the more I watch. Dude can’t run block to save his life...

I'm grading him on a curve - he's a rookie T playing G, and it's his... what, third start? He was a smaller school guy and a project player to begin with, he's learning a new position, so I'm going to embrace the good and hope his football IQ and physical strength get the run blocking resolved.

• Like 3

On 10/9/2019 at 5:36 PM, ET80 said:

I see. I haven't watch the entire game yet. Wish I had a PFF subscription to see Watson's time from snap to throw in comparison to others.

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1