The good, the bad, the ugly vs. Chi Town (Postgame thread)

RaidersAreOne

I was pleased to see Davis make some noise on your team. I did mention when you got him (from us, ie the Packers) that his receiving had taken a jump in TC this year. His goal line fumble was bad, but he isn't a big fumbler, and he did some good stuff, so the future looks decent for him going forward - every now and again that speed he has will make a difference for the Raiders.

• Like 2

That game winning drive was awesome. Especially with all the rookies working to make it happen. It's pretty impressive to be 3-2 with so many rookies and 2nd year players in major roles. And we've won 2 straight 1 pm games against playoff teams from last season.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Those "I had a 3rd round grade on Josh Jacobs" people are sure quiet these days.

Great game from Carr. He needed it against a good defense.

Cable, as much we clown him, he had them ready to protect.

I didn't personally give him a grade, but I didn't think he would be this good.  I actually didn't want to draft him and felt the drop off after him wasn't much.  This is why I sit on my couch and Mike Mayock gets paid the big bucks.

19 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

This might have been one of Derek’s most impressive victories. Playing the best defense in the nfl, hostile environment and he controlled the game. Moved the ball and for the win.... all this without our original top 4 wideouts (AB, Williams, JJ, Grant)..... great game Derek, the more modern the plays and game gets, still always comes down to the trenches. Almost every QB and defense will struggle if they are always getting beat up in the trenches. 

He was well protected and poised. All short, high percentage throws and led the come back. He was at best, average and helped by the run game. Not "his" most impressive win. Not even in his top 5 honestly. 

He managed the game without his top WR. All you can ask for and he did it well this week.

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He was well protected and poised. All short, high percentage throws and led the come back. He was at best, average and helped by the run game. Not "his" most impressive win. Not even in his top 5 honestly. 

He managed the game without his top WR. All you can ask for and he did it well this week.

Yeah that drive was mostly all Jacobs. Carrs had some pretty impressive comeback drives but I give Jacobs, OL, Moreau most of the credit there. 

Hard to say that game was better than some of Carrs 2016 games where he led 4th QTR comebacks down by two scores like it was nothing. Only year in Raider History where by Mid Season we’d be down 10+ in the 4th and I wasn’t nervous at all. That offense had ice water in the veins. 

2 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Somebody said that Waller/Moreau is a poor man's Gronk/Hernandez. I think that's fair for the young duo on how we utilize them. Two young, well-rounded players with a major role in the offense.

Thrilled with all of our young offensive players, across the board. 

Lulz this always happens with Raider fans. Guys exceed low expectations and fans crown them as guys too soon. 

• Like 1

Went to the game, great to see the Raiders play well and win as we have been really bad on previous visits. The stadium was fantastic, great experience for fans.Hoping the new stadium in Vegas will be a similar experience.

Good

Thought the OL save for Incognitos penalties were terrific, blew the Bears off the ball in the run game albeit Hicks injury helped. Without Nelson and Williams I was worried about the passing game but I thought Carr did a great job in general. From what I saw there weren’t many opportunities to throw downfield. Only criticism would be audibling to a toss play inside our 30, that play got the Bears rolling. Jacobs was the obvious standout. Moreau and Waller look a very good tandem.

D-line were excellent especially against the run. Really impressed with Crosby who looks an all round DE that Guenther likes. Key looked like all his snaps came at DT. 

Grudens playcalling was good yesterday and the team looked better for being in London all week rather than last years woeful effort.

Bad

I mentioned Coles as a standout performer a couple of weeks ago, but he was poor yesterday. Poor kick gave Cohen chance to break a big return.

Renfrow dropped a couple of balls and made a bad decision on not catching the punt leaving us at the 3 yard line.

Ugly

It was supposed to be a Raiders home game but it was mostly Bears fans tbh. Certainly felt like Raiders were the away team. At least the move to Vegas will end losing out on home games. 

• Like 1