The good, the bad, the ugly vs. Chi Town (Postgame thread)

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Lulz this always happens with Raider fans. Guys exceed low expectations and fans crown them as guys too soon. 

We run 1-2 formation as much as anyone in the league and the best success % for any team in 2 TE formations. Nothing to do with expectations of the players themselves, it's how we deploy them.

But no, "Lulz" is a way better football analysis...schmuck

4 hours ago, Geezy said:

So when he has no talent to work with, he sucks, but when he does have talent to work with it’s the talent carrying him, seems fair. 

Such a good point.  When the O line is lousy and the QB can't complete passes and gets sacked they say the QB is lousy.  I mentioned he was a great O Line coach with the LA Express but we had a great O line compared to the rest of the league.  When the league folded I think he went to Seattle.  Not sure in what capacity.

5 hours ago, Geezy said:

So when he has no talent to work with, he sucks, but when he does have talent to work with it’s the talent carrying him, seems fair. 

Such a good point.  When the O line is lousy and the QB can't complete passes and gets sacked they say the QB is lousy.  I mentioned he was a great O Line coach with the LA Express but we had a great O line compared to the rest of the league.  When the league folded I think he went to Seattle.  Not sure in what capacity.

Edited by S&B Bleeder

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

Renfrow and his rookie mistakes.  He needs to study the playbook. Carr is digging into him at least once a game.

Seems like a problem with Tyrell & Jacobs too. Need Olson to help. Also saw this:

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

I didn't personally give him a grade, but I didn't think he would be this good.  I actually didn't want to draft him and felt the drop off after him wasn't much.  This is why I sit on my couch and Mike Mayock gets paid the big bucks.

1. This was a Gruden pick for sure

2. Look at all the rookies producing. Ingold. Moreau. Crosby. Still have Abram/Mullens/Johnson who all haven't got their chances yet as well. I know good teams don't need rookies to produce, but Ingold/Moreau/Maxx have all been playing objectively well in their roles. If some of the other guys contribute as we hoped for....this could possibly be a better class than 2014....in Mayock's first draft.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Erik Harris is a grinder. 

Whitehead also has gotten a lot better (still just a tad above average though) and I love his leadership. 

I really like Harris. He's a do your job kind of guy. He puts in the work on ST and shows up when his number is called on defense. Perfect role player. Whitehead has improved but I still only call him average.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Seems like a problem with Tyrell & Jacobs too. Need Olson to help. Also saw this:

2. Look at all the rookies producing. Ingold. Moreau. Crosby. Still have Abram/Mullens/Johnson who all haven't got their chances yet as well. I know good teams don't need rookies to produce, but Ingold/Moreau/Maxx have all been playing objectively well in their roles. If some of the other guys contribute as we hoped for....this could possibly be a better class than 2014....in Mayock's first draft.

I really like Harris. He's a do your job kind of guy. He puts in the work on ST and shows up when his number is called on defense. Perfect role player. Whitehead has improved but I still only call him average.

Yeah still average but wayyyy better than Malcolm Smith. God that guy was garbage.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Definitely concur with you.  Great production so far from Moreau, Crosby, Ingold, and Jacobs.  This class definitely has the potential to be one of our best of all time if Abram can stay healthy and make the impact I think he can make.  We still haven't seen much from our rookie CB's but I think there is a ton of potential between Mullen, Johnson, and Nixon.  I think we will continue to see improvement as more players gain experience in this system.  It's great that DC is in his second year, but I really look forward to next year, when Trent Brown, Tyrell Williams, Renfrow, and Jacobs are all in their second year in the system.  That pitch fumble mistake won't happen next year.  Same goes for all the first year players on defense too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

Ugly

It was supposed to be a Raiders home game but it was mostly Bears fans tbh. Certainly felt like Raiders were the away team. At least the move to Vegas will end losing out on home games. 

I think the last two games in London show what happens to a fanbase when you’re so bad for so long - the Raiders used to be a very popular team over here in the UK but now we’re getting completely outnumbered at “home” games by franchises like the Seahawks with no real historical success.

Looking forward to the Vegas move now. Our own state of the art stadium, not having to travel halfway across the world for a home game, and hopefully a team that continues to grow supplemented by a couple of splash FA signings.

8 hours ago, Geezy said:

This is the most talent he’s had to work with.

he had nothing to work with he last stint here and with Seattle. He gets a bad wrap for that, now he has something to work with and things are working out for him.

Really he had nothing to work with his entire career?9_9

7 hours ago, Geezy said:

I'll wait here while you humor me with a list of guys who have developed under Cable.