The good, the bad, the ugly vs. Chi Town (Postgame thread)

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I wasn't sure how to rate that W against Indy considering they lacked Hilton, Leonard, and Hooker. But they beat KC at home in prime time without Leonard or Hooker still. And not to take anything away from Jacoby Brisset, but he wasn't even the presumptive starter entering the season. Very solid team with a good OL. That win seems better to me now than it did when it happened.

Right now the Raiders are the sixth seed in the AFC. That seems about right because the teams around them could fall apart pretty easily. If the Raiders can make it through this schedule with a winning record playoffs might not be totally out of the question. 

But back to that original question, I think the Raiders getting their early absolutely played a factor but you can also say that was good management by Gruden. It good to see he’s learning from mistakes. 

• Like 1

The important thing I took away is this team has resilience and doesn't quit. This game turned on them and admit it, when Carr and Jacobs fumbled that pitch you were like... oh here we go again!! They over came adversity (Williams, Burfict out) and bad penalties (Hurst INT) and won the game. In the past, they would have folded.

This team showed some fight and their confidence is growing.

They have 2 tough games coming up. If they can get a win out of one of them, the schedule softens up as they return home.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I've never seen a fan base look for excuses for the opposing team before.

I guess you can blame in on 15+ years of having my heart continually broken by this team. It sucks it has come to that.

But to be fair, Raider fans always say, east coast games are tough cause of jet lag, and we used that excuse for our last 2 loses in England.

So I really dont think it is out of the question? We dominated them in the trenches. They have one of if not the Best Dlines in the league and we absolutely dominated them. 
I hope this is what we see week in and week out from here on, but I think bringing up the fact the bears traveled late is a logical point?

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I guess you can blame in on 15+ years of having my heart continually broken by this team. It sucks it has come to that.

But to be fair, Raider fans always say, east coast games are tough cause of jet lag, and we used that excuse for our last 2 loses in England.

So I really dont think it is out of the question? We dominated them in the trenches. They have one of if not the Best Dlines in the league and we absolutely dominated them. 
I hope this is what we see week in and week out from here on, but I think bringing up the fact the bears traveled late is a logical point?

Don't take it personally because it's not. It's just a general attitude with our fan base lately.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 5:52 PM, S&B Bleeder said:

They may not have the game.  From my experience in the past they don't start listing the 2-3 games they replay until Tuesday.  I'm not sure if there is some other method or schedule posted. 

Well, good news.  Bears vs Raiders replay NFLN at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time tonight (Tuesday).  A game not to be missed and without the suspense and stress we had to go through.   

16 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Not to take anything away from how the guys played but does anyone else fear that this was more about the Bears leaving on Friday and dealing with jet lag then us dominating 3 quarters of the game? 

I thought they arrived on Thursday.  I posted a comment about what I saw in the first quarter; the Bears D line with their hands on their hips breathing hard hoping it was a sign of jet lag.  I thought I was mistaken as I didn't notice that later in the game but I have yet to do a rewatch.

Hello Raiders fans.  I just wanted to come in and congratulate you on a great win against 'da Bears last week.  It's got to feel good.  You are now 3-2 and starting to see some real progress in the Gruden era.  I'm a big believer in Coach Gruden, and I'll enjoy watching as he brings your team back to being a consistent winner.  Best of luck the rest of the year!

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Hello Raiders fans.  I just wanted to come in and congratulate you on a great win against 'da Bears last week.  It's got to feel good.  You are now 3-2 and starting to see some real progress in the Gruden era.  I'm a big believer in Coach Gruden, and I'll enjoy watching as he brings your team back to being a consistent winner.  Best of luck the rest of the year!

It's funny because we're basically trying to emulate the Vikings. Run based offense and similar D scheme. We saw 3 weeks ago that we're not yet on the same level though.

20 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Wide open Renfrow at the 3 minute mark.  I stopped after that.  We did good stopping Mack.  I'm sure it may be a trust thing after Renfrow dropped the earlier pass.  Those sure hands of Renfrow's need to make a comeback.